Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shockwave, unhappycamper, Cthulhu), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#312074 - 11/28/09 12:18 AM Jason Mraz Concert
user2007 Offline

I know this must be more off topic than general Off Topic topics but it's one am here and I've got insomnia + nothing to do that requires less thought than a 3 year old could be able to process, so I decided to make a topic. A pretty much random topic since it's past midnight and I can't stop thinking about this, and udsuahdnecmdvmfuhvufh, but you got the idea.

Ok, so here I was yesterday reading this great book Mark sent me called The Family by John Bradshaw (really a great book, thanks again Mark) when the bloody bastard (aka my cousin Andrew) entered the room with his copyrighted bloody bastard smirk that said "I've got something you want nutter". I looked at him with my copyrighted death glare that said "I'm going to shank you if you don't get the hell out of here right now". He looked back at me with a wider smirk and showed me a ticket to the concert.

Ok, now to contextualise you all I have to say I'd been annoying my father to death to go to his concert ever since I heard Jason would be going to Manchester (that was in April this year, when we were already here), but to no avail. I had never thought he'd come here to South America for a tour so when I heard about it it was somewhat a shock because I knew I wouldn't be able to go (Vivo Rio is a son of a bitch and doesn't allow anyone under 18 to go without somebody to be the keeper, and who thinks my lovely father would go with me raise one hand!). Now the wanker had tickets. To say that I was in a very bad mood was an understatement.

Then he asked me if I wanted to go along. At that very moment I might have made a very weird face, almost as if the one who was asking that was a penguin singing god save the queen. I knew he most likely would want something in return but before I could think I had said YES PLEASE and we were already going. It's not real intelligent thing to do but I did anyway, I'd never went to a concert before, least of all to a concert of a musician that I really, really, reallyreallyreally appreciate.

The concert was in this music venue called Vivo Rio, I arrived there 7.30 pm and there was a huge line, where I, Andrew and this brazilian girl he's probably seeing went to be the last, just before a a fatty guy extremely girlish that was screaming "Oh my Gosh I'm going to watch Jason sing, Ahhhhh!" like fifteen times.

To tell the truth I wanted to scream the exact same thing, only in a less girlish way, just for record. It's completely surreal the sensation that you're in a place where everybody share the same admiration for a person's work like that, when you're just back from fucking HELL.

After half an hour in line the gates opened and the fatty guy screamed once more "OH MY GOOOOOSH, THIS IS IT, JASOOOOOON!!!!" whilst I laughed hysterically of him (I have to say I was just a bit pissed already). I could feel Andrew was there only to be my keeper, the girl talking non stop whilst he read his Agatha Christie book without even paying attention to anything, least of all to the music. I really don't have a clue of what he's meaning with this.

After a long time of waiting this brazilian singer named Tiago Iorc entered for the opening with a show that was longer than it should have been.

Not that he's a bad singer, but he's not good either. His songs don't start. Any normal song starts slow and then goes taking rhythm and blasts in the chorus. BUT NOBODY INFORMED HIM OF THAT. His songs start slow, continue slow, the chorus CONTINUES SLOW, and the song ends, starts another and you don't even realise it! Listen to this kind of thing at 10 pm after you had a tiring day like mine - 35 degrees celsius over your head all day, maths test and a whole lot of craziness over the whole week - it sounds almost like a lullaby.

I didn't sleep only for the fact that I was SHITTING BRICKS after laughing so much of his bassist. That guy just couldn't stop smiling and banging his head. It seemed like he had smoked something very powerful that he was so high he couldn't help himself (I care to remind you the songs were slow as fuck).

And then I realised I had been very cruel to say Tiago was dull. When his show ended and he said "Now I leave you with TiÍ". JESUS H. FUCKING CHRIST ON A BIKE.

I only held myself back from hissing because the woman was very sweet. "Hi people, I'm not Jason, but I'm going to sing four little songs here". Then she took an acoustic guitar and started to sing:

Como um brotinho de feij„o foi que um dia eu nasci
(It was like a bean sprout that one day I was born)
Despertei caŪ no ch„o e com as flores cresci
(I woke up fell to the floor and along with flowers I grew up)
Quando mam„e olhou pra mim, ela foi e pensou
(When mum looked at me she thought)
Que um nome de passarinho me encheria de amor
(That with a bird name she'd fill me with love)
Mas passarinho se n„o bate a asa logo pia
(But birds that don't fly soon tweet)
Eu que tinha um nome diferente jŠ quis ser Maria!
(And me who had a different name wanted to be Mary!)

BLOODY FUCKING BOLLOCKS! It was like this the WHOLE fucking song! (Listen if you're courageous enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV0VWNv9mas) Yeah, it doesn't have a chorus, neither part one nor part two, this is the whole thing.

After comparing herself to a bean sprout the woman sang what seemed like a cover of Andy Pandy. WHO THE HELL plays an ANDY PANDY cover song?!

Then. Silence. The lights go off. OMG, OH.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

After so much time waiting, so much time complaining about my miserable little life I was in the same room with the guy who sings the most important songs of my life, which I hear over and over in many desperation times. That held me through so much.

He opened the concert with 'You And I Both', that OMFG, was the second song I ever heard of him. Serious, this was one of the songs my mother forbade me to listen, because I listened so much to it, SO MUCH that she would end up humming it unconsciously. And he even sang it in acoustic, that makes it double more beautiful.

It was indescribable. There was no way to believe that after all I've been through this week one single song sang by that guy had made me feel like I was flying and there was nothing bad with the world.

My life was perfect. I had no ambition at that moment, if I died I'd die extremely happy (LOL).

Not even in my bizarrest dreams I would imagine to be there this week with Jason Mraz singing You And I Both in front of me and completing it with a "BOA NOITE, RIO!" and with a "CANTA COMIGO!". I was in such a haze that not even the extreme heat and people pressing against me all the time didn't have any effect (in standard situations I'd run a kilometre before allowing that to happen).

In the end he took polaroid pictures with all the band members and threw them to the crowd. The concert ended with Butterfly and everybody seemed reluctant to leave. When we arrived home I was still in a daze. To tell the truth I still am. For me that concert could go on forever, it wouldn't bother me in a least.

I couldn't sleep last night, I can't sleep today, it's three am and I'm still over the concert effect. LOL I don't care the least right now what the consequences will be, it was really worth it. My pictures are shitty, but there are videos:

Make it Mine:

You and I Both:

The Remedy:

I'm Yours:

Live High:

Dynamo of Volition:

"But itís nice to say that we played in the dirt, oh dear
Cause here, here we are
Here we are
Weíre still here
And itís a beautiful mess, yes it is
Itís like taking a guess when the only answer is yes"

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#312099 - 11/28/09 03:28 AM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: user2007]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

o___o

i HATE you frown .... woah i really share the same ... er...ejm ...*passion* for J Mraz n yeah he sings the sountrack of my life too ... everybody who knows me knows 'I'm your's' is MY soundtrack laugh .. n i really enjoyed the portuguese remarks there CANTA COMIGO XD .. damn...wish i can see him sometime frown

oh, n yup, brazilian music can b vry vry weird lol.. i learnt to enjoy it tho -dont call ME weirdo!

now about ur mtf cousin ... yeah .. bit dangerous..and strange indeed .. ok, i dont think it was a bad move to ..take the ticket.. but i'd b double alert now, just in case you know ... it's not candy what they use these days...

Glad u're happy tho laugh

#312111 - 11/28/09 08:42 AM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

i like jason mraz, too... i think I'm yours is one the few songs that can improve my moods..hehe

i can totally understand ur excitement.. when i heard patrick wolf was gonna come here i knew i had to do whatever it took to see him.. that concert ended in a desaster but it was still worth it..

u have a strange obsession with penguins tho..lol

#312163 - 11/28/09 04:52 PM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: boylikeme]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Originally Posted By: boylikeme

u have a strange obsession with penguins tho..lol

i was about to say that too ...

#312187 - 11/28/09 10:12 PM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
user2007 Offline

Daniel don't hate me, we must join our fources to make Jason Mraz rule the world! Er... no. xD You guys from US have much more chances to see him then anyone else, stop complaining! LOL

I agree, brazilian music is weird. They're weird in pretty much anything. But who am I talking about, I'm also weird.

Yeah, I'm on super alert mode with him now, it's very strange of him to go and do something nice for a change, doesn't look like him at all.

Oh Corey I think he wasn't going to sing I'm Yours but since it seems like it was part of a soap opera soundtrack here so it's the most famous. He said something like "Esta ť pra vocÍs" that means "This is for you guys", and it wasn't on the setlist.

Your concert was a disaster? Oh, sorry about that! This one was the greatest thing that happened to me in a good while. I could repeat it a hundred times and it still would be the same excitement. lol

I have an obsession with penguins yeah, anything against it? LOL I especially like the Madagascar penguins. xD

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#312322 - 11/29/09 09:45 PM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: user2007]
user2007 Offline

Other videos:

Beautiful Mess:

Lucky (feat. TiÍ):

Butterfly:

Coyotes:

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#312353 - 11/30/09 12:39 AM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: user2007]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

soap opera????!!! blasfemy!

#312388 - 11/30/09 01:17 PM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
user2007 Offline

Yeah... And I thought soap operas were only a british malady... xD

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#312406 - 11/30/09 03:23 PM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: user2007]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell
oh no.. they are everywhere!! and the stories are all the same

#312657 - 12/02/09 11:50 AM Re: Jason Mraz Concert [Re: boylikeme]
user2007 Offline

Yeah, they really are. I tried to watch to one of them on Monday, it was called "Live Life" (Viver a Vida) and it's so utterly boring I couldn't stay watching much longer.

I finally took the pictures from my camera today here are some:

Jason's Cheat Sheet to Portuguese - I guess my teachers at school wouldn't let me follow his steps...?

Tiago Iorc - If you're a musician, beware. You are at risk to forget how to make songs that make sense

TiÍ - Como um brotinho de feij„o eu nasci... OMFG that's like an infectious disease

Jason Mraz - Dynamo of Volition

Jason Mraz 2 - Live High

There are others but they're worse.

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.