Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
7 registered (iaccus, Bardo, Sobrelithe, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64170 Topics
447791 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#311839 - 11/26/09 09:09 AM wolves in God's clothing
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Hi everyone,

This is a weird thing to give thanks for today but here it is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6932430.ece

Taz

#311873 - 11/26/09 02:15 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: Dale English]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother.

Yes, it's a great shame, and these kind of reports hit me pretty hard personally as i was in a Catholic orphanage/home for 4 years.

It was run by the Xaverian Brothers, however for me I was safe from my sexual agressors, while i was physically in their care. I was between 10-14 years old.

When i had to go "home" during the summer time, i was once again fresh meat for my abusers.

But, at the same time some of them were sexually abusing boys in their care too.

So, for one boy (me) it was a safe & secure enviroment.

And for another one of my fraternal brothers here, it was his HELL.

Real sad, it's no wonder that we sexually abused boys have a hard time believing in God or trusting HIM...At least for me it's still that way.

Heal well my fraternal brothers, heal well.

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity".

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose).

Edited by petercorbett (11/26/09 02:17 PM)
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#311876 - 11/26/09 02:28 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: petercorbett]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
One of the best things they could do if possible would be to endow our group here, MaleSurvivor. But we wouldn't want to have them control us.

MaleSurvivor would be in a position to help many, many guys with some special source of funding.

I saw the movie: Song For a Raggie Boy recently. It was produced in the year fraternal brother Peter and I were born. But it is very applicable. It is the most powerful statement about priest abuse.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Edited by pufferfish (11/26/09 03:08 PM)
Edit Reason: amplification

#311899 - 11/26/09 07:52 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: pufferfish]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
MS really could do some good work to help these victims, but little is known of this site over here, there are no Irish support numbers or therapists even listed on here, and very few Irish therapists probley even know of this site. So where would they begin?

#311907 - 11/26/09 09:45 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: irishguy]
Dale English Offline
MaleSurvivor
Hey irishguy,

What the newsletter will do in one of its Issues next year is address male sexual abuse in many european countries. It will be a beginning to bring some of the forces together in the countries we highlight. We'll keep you informed.

Taz

#311936 - 11/27/09 03:39 AM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: Dale English]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Taz,

I think it has been well addressed at this point and its been a long time coming, what steps could you forsee MS taking to be involved? Does MS have a contact base for groups involving sexual abuse victims not just in ireland but in the wider european states?

#313112 - 12/05/09 07:44 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: irishguy]
Dale English Offline
MaleSurvivor
Hi irishguy,

What the newsletter looks to do is tell the story worldwide and assist in making connections for survivors in every country. At the next MS International Conference in NYC next March there will be an international panel of representatives from countries around the world. We look to build on that and have the newsletter visit them all in time. So many survivors and so little time.

Taz

#439829 - 07/02/13 06:06 PM Re: wolves in God's clothing [Re: Dale English]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: Dale English
Hi everyone,

This is a weird thing to give thanks for today but here it is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6932430.ece

Taz

this link did not work for me.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.