Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (VASurvivor, hike1972, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443370 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#311477 - 11/23/09 02:52 AM Family problems
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
I'll cut to the quick- my grandparents both have serious health issues.
My grandmother has Alzheimer's.
My grandfather has dementia.

My grandmother has been dealing with this for a long time. I remember this when I was a little kid. Nothing can help her pretty much.

My grandfather, he had a couple of heart attacks and one or two Urinary Tract Infections. Anyone with medical experience knows what that does. Half the time he doesn't even know who I am.

Ok, so with that said, there isn't anything I can do for either of them except love them as much as I can while respecting their illnesses and their space.

Well, my mother and sister are the problem. They keep trying to seize my grandparents assets. Well, we, my step brother and I, we took actions in court to keep that fropm happening.

Now *I* and under fire. Turned out now they are trying to get conservatorship over MY disability income.

Keep in mind this is the same mother and sister that had working knowledge of my rape. And they did nothing about it. As required by state law.

Trust me, I'm having family problems.

Advise?

#311691 - 11/25/09 05:28 AM Re: Family problems [Re: LilacLouie]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
Honestly? The last time I was in a pickle and it was surrounding something with some moral injustice I picked up the phone book and hour after hour I sat with the page on attorneys and went through them one by one until I had found someone who got pissed off enough over what I was dealing with that they took my case pro bono (and won thank you very much) there are people that care and there are good attonerys in the world who hate what people do to each other who are willing to put a few hours in in the good guys. Just a suggestion. How in the world can they even begin to do this may I ask? How would they have a right to your disablity when it's yours or am I missing something? Ohh and hugs to you, boy to you ever need it. I understand how you feel, more than I care to admit, but sadly I do. Take care of yourself and stand stong in what you KNOW is right. Taking elderly folks's stuff when they are sick and distracted is beyond wrong and good for you for standin up for people who need standing up for. You good people. Watc

#311692 - 11/25/09 05:29 AM Re: Family problems [Re: dangal]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
ignore the watc, ty

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.