Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (TW16, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#31054 - 05/19/02 08:58 PM Writing as confrontation
manchild Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hi

I have an urge to share.

Long time i have been busy with therapy and finding a feeling of safety.
I have been to University again and last year i have realized my longing to move back to the big city where i grew up. Decorating is quite some work but progressing and i am enjoying new, warm and supporting contacts.

In the perspective of completing my creation of my home, I concluded, that before i go working again, i want to write letters to my father/perp and his family.
Within a short time someone offered me to join to go to their retreat place on a mountain to find out if i could write the letters there.

It was a great place for a wholesome retreat.
Warmth from sawing and chopping wood, light from candles at night, water from a well, three hours walking for shopping food.

Even though the first week i had the company of three different groups of people, i started writing in the first weekend and kept writing about an hour a day.
I even noticed, that when the last party was gone i missed the diversion of company.

Sawing and chopping wood was great as an outlet of agression/energy and a way to get clear in the head before or after writing.

I am busy with furnishing again and considering to find a temporary job for diversion from finishing the writing of the letters. I will decide if i want to post the letters later, for now i just write for me.

I feel more safe, more room to grow and flowing. I am life.

Greets to you all, brothers.

#31055 - 05/20/02 11:01 AM Re: Writing as confrontation
tofeno Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi

I idnitified with your post from many ways.I to am in university and am a month away from finishing. But to find the energy to keep on working is becoming more dificult by the day. I have dreamed of having a retreat place to go to and be away from the movement of city life. You are lucky to have found such a place. My dreams are calling me to become a different person and the shift from who the abuse created to who I am as a person. This is a dificult path and one that has taken alot of energy this year. I wish you luck and love with your journey.

Paul

bell hooks

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.