Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Austintexan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#310150 - 11/12/09 11:42 AM memorable songs
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have been strolling down memory lane during the time of my teen years 1975 to 1983.

There are many songs and this is one of my favorite ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPan-rEQJA

What are your favorites?

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#310161 - 11/12/09 01:58 PM Re: memorable songs [Re: DJsport]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe. The song came out when I was a freshmen in high school, so it has stuck with me.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#310186 - 11/12/09 05:36 PM Re: memorable songs [Re: jacobtk]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wow, where do I start? I'm older than you guys so my teen years were in the 60's - mid-60's. My all-time favorite band was the Jefferson Airplane. I don't care if Grace Slick sang the phone book, I'd have boought it. She was truly beautiful and with that diamond-hard laser voice of hers, she was incredible. I grew up in So Cal so was priviledged to see them a number of times. Along with Deep Purple, Steppenwolf,Grassroots, Doors, The Animals, Beach Boys, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin (Big Brother and the Holding Company), Quicksilver Messenger Service, Chicago,Donovan, Ravi Shankar, And on and on. A song that came to mind the other day was "Darkness, Darkness" by the Youngbloods. The history is that the writer, Jesse Colin Young was feeling pretty down - his son was pretty sick and his wife had left him. I recall hearing it for the first time and wondering of he had CSA like me. I found out later he did not, but the lyrics fit people like us :

Darkness Darkness
Take my hand and let me sleep
In the coolness of your shadow
In the silence of your deed
Darkness Darkness
Hide the yearning for the things that cannot be
Keep my mind from constant turning toward the things I cannot see
Darkness Darkness
long and lonesome is the day
Be my blanket cover me with the night
Take away the pain that won't go away
Be my pillow and take my hand and let me sleep
In the silence of your deed
Fill the emptiness with light.
Thanks for allowing me to write this. Alan in Seattle...

#310284 - 11/13/09 11:58 AM Re: memorable songs [Re: alan55]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
By the way, it's NOT about suicide...he just wanted to be able to get to sleep and find some rest and wasn't able to.....

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.