Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, pete1973, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62494 Topics
438027 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310025 - 11/11/09 03:37 PM tattoo
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Greetings all,

Just recently started to face my demons. Luckily I have a great T here in NJ who is also a MS Mod, and a good man. I feel bad saying this, reading some recent posts, but I have been feeling good lately. Especially since disclosing to my wife. Not an easy decision as my fears were unwarrented and foolish but they were mine and I now own them.

Anywho.... I've recently been thinking about a tattoo. I've never been the type, and had previous religious and family beliefs against them. However, I am my own person, and don't want to bow down to other peoples foolishness. My wife is not keen on the idea but I'm just thinking about it for now.

So do you all have any survivor type tattoos?

I've been thinking on the lines of releasing my demons. Although I don't want to get to crazy in size or evilness. I just started to look at some art, but I'm liking eyes/creature/demon ripping out of the skin.

Ken, I'll talk to you about it on Saturday.

Your thoughts.

Sorry this should be moved to Off-Topic, could a mod do that please.

Edited by Castle (11/11/09 04:15 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#310029 - 11/11/09 04:41 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Castle]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Castle,

My mom and dad were never really hot on tattoos and I have respected their wish on not getting a tattoo until I was of age. Ironically enough my mom is actually expressed interest in getting her own personal tattoo.

I have one tattoo that is a visual de>

#310087 - 11/11/09 11:12 PM Re: tattoo [Re: 1islandboy]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Castle,

I have four tats. I have three on my upper right arm and one on my upper left.

Each one has meaning for me and were done at times I felt the need/desire for them. I have no regrets and took some flack from family and friends. But it is my body.

That is the whole thing for me in a nutshell. The first one was like saying that this is my body and not for anyone else to use. It was a branding of sorts - but in a non harmful or abusive way.

Good luck if you decide to get one or more. Choose ones that have meaning for you. And choose someone who you connect with and not just some guy or gal. It makes a true difference.

#310088 - 11/11/09 11:13 PM Re: tattoo [Re: prisonerID]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
I have four tats. I have three on my upper right arm and one on my upper left

growllllll!!!! blush

LOL

ron

#310102 - 11/12/09 12:37 AM Re: tattoo [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I don't have any tats.

But I have a dog. laugh

Allen

pufferfish

#310103 - 11/12/09 12:38 AM Re: tattoo [Re: pufferfish]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
sniff sniff....

#310107 - 11/12/09 12:58 AM Re: tattoo [Re: Sans Logos]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just make sure you properly picture the body part you wished to have tattooed in an advanced state of age and how said tattoo would look on skin that is no longer quite as taut.

s

Edited by sono (11/12/09 01:01 AM)

#310142 - 11/12/09 10:10 AM Re: tattoo [Re: sono]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Sono,

Not going into this lightly placement is as important as the art.

Prisnor,

If you don't mind what type of art do you have?

Pufferfish,

We just had to put our dog down. He was a 15 yo black pug. He had alzheimers. We also have 2 cats around the same age. One went blind for 2 weeks, acclamated to the house and then regained vision. Pets are amazing.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#310163 - 11/12/09 01:59 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Castle]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: sono
Just make sure you properly picture the body part you wished to have tattooed in an advanced state of age and how said tattoo would look on skin that is no longer quite as taut.

This reminds me of the Saturday Night Live spoof a few years ago with a young woman sporting a tattoo on her lower back that said "Pretty Lady". Then they flashed years ahead and showed what it looked like on her as an old lady...The tattoo changed to "Pretty Sad".

I'm a tattoo free ex-Navy guy. I've never cared for tattoos and never desired one. Although, strangely enough, I have had dreams (yes more than one, not recentley though) where I had gotten a tattoo while in the Navy then felt awful about it. Kind of odd thing to be dreaming about.

Originally Posted By: prisonerID
The first one was like saying that this is my body and not for anyone else to use. It was a branding of sorts - but in a non harmful or abusive way.

I like this reasoning for a survivor tattoo though. It makes sense to me. It still doesn't inspire me to get one though but that's me.

Castle, it is good that you are putting some thought into this and asking for input.

Mike

#310167 - 11/12/09 03:10 PM Re: tattoo [Re: Barkabus]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have always associated Tats with being the badest of the bad as my perp had one.

**** triggers *****

He was in the Marines when when I told him at age 12 to leave me alone. I thought he was the toughest and badest and would kill me.

He walked out.

A tattoo entitled "freedom" is on my list.

But, I want to make sure I am doing the survivor me and NOT for the victim me. He never owned me to begin with.

Castle and others this thread makes this process fun.

Good luck Castle.

DJ

Edited by DJsport (11/13/09 10:08 AM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.