Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310609 - 11/16/09 09:34 AM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: DJsport]
kidneythis Offline

edited

Edited by kidneythis (11/19/09 07:59 AM)

#310827 - 11/18/09 10:50 AM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

edited

Edited by kidneythis (11/19/09 08:02 AM)

#310836 - 11/18/09 12:44 PM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
kidney, i see you've edited out some of your previous post in this thread.

i keep an online journal here as well that is separate from my posts [sometimes i incorporate them as well]. doing so has helped me document the lineage of my thought process over the course of my healing for the last year and a half. i've been in recovery for so long, it helps me to remember where i'm coming from. and of course i have nothing to hide [you're only as sick as your secrets, it is said], and nothing to be ashamed of, even though i have done things that i am not proud of. but those things stemmed from the experience of being abused, and even earlier, from my desperate attempts to get my love needs filled.

at any rate, i feel that even if i type something that i am loathe to remain available for the public consumption, i rather take it as an opportunity to explore the deeper meaning residing in my fear of being scrutinized.

i guess i'm saying all that as a suggestion not to censor yourself for fear of being criticized. people will do that anyway out of their own ignorance. and their lack of understanding will contribute nothing to advancing your recovery anyway. you are the one that has to live in your skin. if people don't like what they see, they can always avert their eyes and carry on with the protective pretense that it's not really there, until they are ready to face the denial of the false self. but as recovery advances and the heart becomes confident, the faint of heart will readily look into the mirror of your soul and dare to see their own self glaring back at them in your words. we do people a great service when we provide them with a safe opportunity to raise their hand and humbly say 'yea, me too'.

of course everyone has their own time table for recovery. but i believe in being honest, facing and accepting our own weakness and vulnerability. avoiding the truth only leads to living life in repetitive circles rather than soaring spirals.

i am glad you are here and i am inspired that you are speaking out.

all the best,

ron

#310880 - 11/18/09 06:50 PM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: Sans Logos]
kidneythis Offline

Thanks

#310942 - 11/19/09 08:15 AM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

I've removed my postings because I don't feel safe posting them here for the public to read.
It is also compounded by the fact that one of my posts in another thread was deleted, re-posted then deleted again. I think it was actually edited in that middle incarnation. That makes this a very poor choice of place to work things out in writing for me.
I was never notified of any offense or that it was being done. The post was supportive and instructive.
I'll look in for info and post things I think are safe but I'm done sharing here.

Edited by kidneythis (11/19/09 08:16 AM)

#310951 - 11/19/09 09:07 AM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Kidney:
i am new to sharing in here..I originally joined and never engaged in any chats or posts until i had a meltdown about 60 days ago. I am glad you are here. I made some tactical errors in my early postings and was corrected by a moderator. At first I was pissed and put off, but I just moved on. Another issue was my opinion that certain chats had evolved into a private circle and as a newcomer I felt it was elitist and marginalizing to me as a new participant. I emailed a moderator and they reviewed the issue.

Clearly we all have the safety of not divulging our personal details and actual locations, or precise demographics. I think that alone, keeps this as a very safe, nurturing place. Stay tuned, and Thank You for being involved.
Jeff

#310954 - 11/19/09 09:24 AM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: J1]
kidneythis Offline

I don't see how that relates but thanks for the encouragement. I also donít see why my post was deleted, edited then re-posted, and not marked as such, then deleted again.

Edited by kidneythis (11/19/09 10:11 AM)

#311031 - 11/19/09 08:55 PM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
kidneythis Offline

OK now I feel stupid. Apparently the same guy posted in multiple forums with the same title. I posted in one of them and I guess I wasn't paying attention to the subforum until I saw the title in the forum I didn't post in.
As for editing? IDK I was probably in a state as I have been quite a bit lately.
Good thing my abuse prepared me for this isolation or I'd really go crazy :-P

Edited by kidneythis (11/19/09 08:56 PM)

#311045 - 11/19/09 10:29 PM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: kidneythis]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
well, i'm glad things worked out in everyone's favor! as for having a bad hair day.....join the club. we've all been there, and promise to be some time again in the future. whistle

all the best,

ron

#311049 - 11/19/09 11:25 PM Re: It Begins- Consolidation [Re: Sans Logos]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

How about a "losing my hair" day? Man, have I lived a life of stress!! I know, welcome to the club. But on a serious note, thanks Ron for your post here about leading a life free of secrets and being open and honest. I needed that one at the moment.

And kidneythis and Jeff, nice to meet you both.

Eric

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.