Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (Cthulhu), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#308554 - 10/29/09 08:06 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: GoFigure12]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
GoFigure,

Your post here ignores the fact that in 1948, President Truman ordered the military to desegregate. I believe that was almost 20 years BEFORE the Civil Rights Acts in America at large.

DADT has been a disaster. Observe the NCIS report from Okinawa from a few years ago where the IG found Marine commanders had routinely been violating the law. How about the recent tragedy of Matt Rocha, who was forced out because of his rape in Bahrain?

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#308562 - 10/29/09 08:57 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: GoFigure12]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Go Figure,

First of all, I want extend my respect that you worked your way up through the lower enlisted ranks.

I don't think, I am not trying to nitpick your comments apart (even though, I am sure, that it can be percieved as that).

You are right in the fact that I have learned to show my feelings...as this is part of my recovery process.

I try to keep an open mind and am always trying to work on humility when expressing my views.

I try to avoid absolutes and have been known to change my mind from time to time...I guess what I am trying to say is...I realise I don't have everything figured out.

So hopefully, you can help me use logic, to figure this one out.

You know as well as I do...that you can inflict a lot of pain (torture a person by giving them a pink belly).

I have seen this happen and I have seen people crack into little pieces of incomprehensible demoralization. (I don't think this helps form a cohesive unit). People tend to come up missing...when there is hate and discontent in the ranks...

I think, we are both in agreement that this is against policy.

I am just trying to figure out...How a person informs their superiors...that things like this are happening...and at the same time...not tell them...???

Your thoughts are appreciated...!!!

island

#308563 - 10/29/09 08:57 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: LN3(SS)]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

oops....

Welcome exchange of ideas and respectful acceptance of opinions has stopped so I am out of here.

DJ

Edited by DJsport (10/29/09 10:12 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#308606 - 10/30/09 04:47 AM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: DJsport]
myboyhoodfears Offline

there was this st8 boy in boot camp who could not stand boot-camp....he was like 20 years old.

i remember scrubbing floors with him when he told me he was going to say he was gay in order to get out, he did not know about my sexuality,....

i thought bootcamp was like summer camp.....i stayed in....and this st8 boy did nothing but cry about how hard it was....that he was going to use "I'm gay" as a "get out of boot-camp free" card...wtf....

yeah uhh right,...gays are not who this military should be concerned about.

#309898 - 11/10/09 03:20 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: myboyhoodfears]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

This report says it all.

This mans livelyhood/career/identity was jeopardized by this policy - it is clear.

THis has to change.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/10/vif2.dont.ask.dont.tell/index.html

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.