Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#308974 - 11/02/09 01:10 AM Unexpected Turns on Halloween Night
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
I wanted to be a koala bear for Halloween, a were-koala. I was inspired by my dream in which an army of koala bears caused havoc in the city. It wasn't a nightmare; they were just kind of mischievous, halfway between Gizmo and the bad gremlins.

There was likely a psychological reason behind that choice. I kept thinking of Bjork when she punched out that reporter years ago: cute, but dangerous. I have a temper. One time a stranger grabbed me in a bar. I slammed my elbow into his chest and walked away. I smiled all the while, just like Bjork might do.

I worked hard on my costume. Halloween's been my favorite holiday since childhood. There must be something psychological to that too: slipping into the skin of someone, or something else, losing my identity. Unfortunately, though my costume and make-up were awesome, I looked much more a wolf-man than a killer koala. My face is too narrow. Nonetheless, I had a great night. Once my make-up was off, I kissed someone for the first time since April 2008.

It seemed the night would go a different way. I wrote a few times about a bartender at my favorite bar. I've liked him for about six years. He's had a longterm boyfriend. We've always flirted. We kissed once, awhile ago. Then, he backed off. I don't think he cheats on his boyfriend, though I'm not positive. I sense a lot of ambivalence coming from him. About a month ago, I gave him a short story I wrote, a really good one. He read it. From the story, it's obvious I was sexually abused. I think my writing moved him. His reaction impressed me, because so many have accused me of lying, or said it was my fault. You guys know how it goes. He's a special person.

We've been talking more, whenever I go there. So, I thought, with my cool get-up, he'd just melt for me. He did, sort of. He laughed. We talked briefly. Yet, I mostly stayed away from him. I told myself it was because he was too busy. The bar was jam-packed. Still, I think it was that I realized he cared for me, whether or not he was willing to leave his boyfriend. It made me uneasy in ways I don't fully understood. Part of it is that he has a boyfriend, but not all of it.

Around two o'clock, which suddenly became one o'clock again, someone else showed up. He was a good friend of my friend who committed suicide. We always got along well, had chemistry. I saw much less of him after my friend died. He resented my other friend, who he partially blamed for my friend's death. He's young, twenty-three. I'm twenty-seven.

He's smart, nice, handsome. Maybe it's a mistake to pick out qualities I dislike in someone, but I have to be honest with myself. His youthfulness can be tiresome to me. At twenty-three, I acted very young, but in some ways, I was very old: beaten down and wise. I knew madness. For a decade, I rarely spoke. The stuff he cares about often seems foreign to me. But, as I learned too well, baggage has its drawbacks. Anyway, who am I to call anyone childish? I was the one standing around in a "koala" suit.

Long story short, we hit it off. He said he always wanted to see more of me. I said I'd like to meet him sometime. We exchanged numbers and made out. His vampire teeth kept knocking into mine. Based on my friends advice, I'll call him tomorrow. I don't want to seem desperate. I'm not. The last twenty months of celibacy haven't been bad at all. I'm so content alone that it scares me.

There are a couple of things I'm worried about. First, losing my independence. I need to write, or I feel useless. And, I tried so hard not to act repulsed, not to flinch from him, or sabotage it, that I came across as detached. "I always liked you." I assured him. It's true, but I could feel him wondering why I wasn't swelling with joy, or regretful. Lastly, I question my motivations for wanting to see him. I fear it may only be to change: my surroundings, my attitude, my outlook on love. Is that a good reason, to force myself to grow?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to our date, whenever it may be. Wish me luck. And, please give me advice. I don't make the best decisions in love. (Major understatement.)

#309029 - 11/02/09 01:28 PM Re: Unexpected Turns on Halloween Night [Re: Bewlayb1]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Bewlayb.

It sounds like you had a great time. I wish you luck and have fun as you are.

Knowing your feelings and intentions and a plan of action before you get into vulnerable situations will be helpful.

I would NOT think about the possible outcomes therefore would react badly.

I know certain statements like the one you mention above "I like you" can be triggers for me. I melt like butter and have a tendency to loose site of my needs.

Have fun ok.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#309752 - 11/09/09 12:02 AM Re: Unexpected Turns on Halloween Night [Re: DJsport]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
Thanks for that reply, DJ. Anyway, a week later, that unexpected turn has turned into a dead end. I sent a text to that guy. He said he was at work. He'd call me back, but he never did. I liked him. I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised.

I wonder, again, for the millionth time, if I could possibly love a man. Not love: I've felt deeply for at least one. It just seems like men treat other so badly. Maybe society is to blame. How can you have a healthy relationship when you've been taught since childhood to hate who you are? I mean, what the hell! I'm an honest, decent person. I want to be kind, understanding, supportive, loving. I'm willing to give my energy and my heart. Sex makes me sick. But I think, maybe, if I truly care about someone, it can be good. I'm not given the chance.

I feel like he just didn't understand me. Perhaps he was expecting us to hook up that night. Maybe I confused him by treating him with respect, or trying to start something the right way. I feel as if I've been silently ridiculed.

Oh well. I'm stubborn. I'll never stop believing that there's someone out there for me. It could be a man. It could be a woman. I believe that love will come if I don't give up and keep my intentions pure. Still, rejection hurts.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.