Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, Scott1962, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#309400 - 11/05/09 07:30 AM Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/04/california.boy.slaying/index.html

*Trigger Warning*

(CNN) -- A 14-year-old California boy told police he drowned his 4-year-old neighbor on Friday because the child had threatened to tell his mother the older boy had molested him, according to an affidavit made public Wednesday.

Raul Renato Castro has been charged in Fresno County as an adult, with special circumstances including murder during a child molestation, sodomy, kidnapping and murder of a witness to prevent testimony, according to the district attorney's office.

He faces separate felony charges of kidnapping, sodomy and child molestation.

The affidavit, filed by the Fresno County Sheriff's Department, says Castro told investigators he lured the victim, Alex Christopher Mercato, into his apartment "by telling the victim he had something to show him."

Police have said no one else was in the Mendota, California, house at the time.

Castro then talked the boy into entering the bathroom, according to the document. Castro said he then sodomized the toddler, after which "the victim tripped over the carpet, fell, and hit the back of his head on the bathtub," the affidavit says.

"Castro said the victim started crying and told Castro he was going to tell his mother. Castro said he panicked and decided to kill the victim by drowning him in the bathtub.

"Castro turned on the water to the bathtub and filled it up just enough to put the victim's face underwater and drowned him. Castro said he held the victim underwater 2-4 minutes. Castro got into the bathtub with the victim, held him down until the victim died."

"Castro then carried the victim over his left shoulder and put him [in]... the clothes dryer to conceal him."

The incident occurred Friday afternoon, after Mercato's parents discovered that their child, who had been playing outside their house, was missing, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims told reporters Monday.

The parents called police, who searched the neighborhood and nearby parks in Mendota, 33 miles west of Fresno, she said. Soon, the FBI was called in.

On Saturday, authorities resumed the search and found the body stuffed inside the dryer in the apartment next door.

An autopsy determined the victim had drowned.

Under California law, a 14-year-old is not eligible for the death penalty or a sentence of life without the possibility of parole. If found guilty, Castro could receive no more than 32 years to life plus 15 years.

#309414 - 11/05/09 10:28 AM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: Hauser]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG - such tragedy. In situations like this were the victim and the perp are both children I just shake my head.

Where does a 14 yr old get the thoughts to do such wrong and follow through with it.

Someone taught the 14 yr old. They need to pay as well.

I pray for peace in the hearts of the 4 yrs old family.

Yikes.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#309430 - 11/05/09 01:30 PM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: DJsport]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am in shock over this. Dang what a tragic, senseless death. Damn this makes me so damn agree. CRAP!

Mike

#309446 - 11/05/09 04:52 PM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: Barkabus]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
*** Trigger Warning ***
Yes, this bothers me a lot too. I was 4 years old when a neighbor invited me into his garage for a new "game". A 4-y-o has almost no defense, either physically or psychologically. cry

The damage is difficult to repair. cry

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#309461 - 11/05/09 07:00 PM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: Hauser]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: Hauser
Under California law, a 14-year-old is not eligible for the death penalty or a sentence of life without the possibility of parole. If found guilty, Castro could receive no more than 32 years to life plus 15 years.

47 Years? Let's hope he gets the full term. Plenty of time to do all the studying of this animal that might need to be done.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (11/05/09 07:01 PM)

#309478 - 11/05/09 10:35 PM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: pufferfish]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish
*** Trigger Warning ***

I was 4 years old when a neighbor invited me into his garage for a new "game". A 4-y-o has almost no defense, either physically or psychologically. cry

((((Allen))))

I know what your saying. I was 6 when I was left bleeding and to tend to myself.

BUT, we are NOT defenseless kids anymore.

Yes, Keep that animal locked up. shesh

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#309536 - 11/06/09 04:38 PM Re: Teen drowns 4yo to keep him from disclosing CSA [Re: DJsport]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
How can anyone understand the tragedy in this case?
I have to numb my feelings on what should happen
to him.
God rest little one,

ste

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.