Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63240 Topics
442221 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310990 - 11/19/09 03:33 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: Brett Jay]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell
Originally Posted By: Brett Jay
Armand is, I think, the most tragic of Rice's vampire characters. I was uncomfortable reading about him because he was, of course, changed while he was still a child and the sexual connotations of being bitten by a vampire are not only apparent in Rice's versions but also in many other vampire themed novels I have read. It is also, by it's nature, violent.

armands story is very sexual.. from the kidnapping to the slavery to marius makin him his lover n sendin him to brothels to learn.. to his affair with lord halech..

one of my favourite scenes is when marius is upset bout somethin n he goes n locks himself in his room.. n amadeo just wont take that n goes n takes this huge axe from the wall n breaks the door down.. im so like that.. n i can just hear linkin parks "faint" n the "i wont be ignored" lyric in my mind..
i dont like that he gets a whipping for it that then turns into sex.. thats kinda sick

#310991 - 11/19/09 03:40 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: InsideTheWall]
boylikeme Offline

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
BoylikeMe,

I've read the entire 10 books. Interesting facts:

:SPOLERS:

1) Lestat bought the Theatre Les Vampires with the fortune of Magnus, his maker.
2)Antonio admittedly didn't look like the Armond from the books, but Kirsten Dunst made an impact I've never forgotten. Its hard not to think about Claudia when reading Tale of the Body Thief.
3) You're giving Queen of the Damned WAY too short a note. You could at least mention the twin redheads, Akasha, Lestat finding Marius, and the Short Unhappy Life of Baby Jenks.

One thing that annoyed me though...In Memnoch the Devil, you'd think Lestat would have visited Akasha.

Blood and Gold is one of the best of the series, biased on a similar format to Interview. Blackwood Farm was one of the most beautiful books I've ever read, which set me up for a major disappointment with Blood Canticle.

about 1) I like that u know that Magnus is his maker.. I hate ppl thinkin it was Marius cuz it was shown like that in the Queen of the Damned movie ( great soundtrack tho), I think the fact Magnus destroyed himself right after creating Lestat is really important in showing how differently Lestat, Louis and Armand learned bout being vampires

about 2)didnt like tale of the body thief cuz hes human there n cuz armand isnt in it

about 3)what do u mean by Lestat finding Marius? isnt it Santino n Pandora who find him?

#310998 - 11/19/09 04:22 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: boylikeme]
InsideTheWall Offline

1) Yeah, I hate that movie and what they did to Marius. It was an insult to the much higher quality Interview movie. I do have a soft spot for "Lestats" music videos though.(Performed by Korn) I think the Brat Prince was just more accepting of things, or at least capable of pretending he didn't care. Louis on the other hand, wanted answers that Lestat couldn't give. Too bad about Santigos cult twisting Armands mind and making him a twisted religious fanatic.
2) not much to add here
3) Lestat was seeking Marius in The Queen of the Damned, following little clues all over the world. His music awoke Those Who Must Be Kept. Santino met and tried to kill Marius well before Lestat was even a vampire. I don't remember how he met Pandora exactly, only that he knew her well before the time of Armond and Bianca.

#311000 - 11/19/09 04:36 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: Brett Jay]
InsideTheWall Offline

Originally Posted By: Brett Jay

I have a fantasy now, born out of disassociation experiences, in which I am immortal. A sort of supra-conciousness, invinceable, all knowing, I suppose god like now that I see it written down.

It's always about having power that I didn't have when I desperately needed it most.
I could definitely think of a certain use for the fire-gift.

#311001 - 11/19/09 04:38 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: InsideTheWall]
boylikeme Offline

oooh... but isnt the clue thing in The Vampire Lestat... right after Lestat n Gabrielle leave Armand behind in the tower in Paris even tho he begged them to let him join them.. but instead Lestat gives him the theatre?

I need to read it again

Marius met Pandora when he was still human.. not exactly sure where.. he asked to marry her twice bt her father denied..she was the first person he turned into a vampire and a longtime companion.. he finds out bout not being able to read ones fledglings mind with her.. think thats so interesting.. that u cant read the one u corrupted...must be in Blood and Gold

I never really liked Bianca but i wonder what became of her,,

#311004 - 11/19/09 04:57 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: boylikeme]
InsideTheWall Offline

Originally Posted By: boylikeme
oooh... but isnt the clue thing in The Vampire Lestat... right after Lestat n Gabrielle leave Armand behind in the tower in Paris even tho he begged them to let him join them.. but instead Lestat gives him the theatre?
There were many clues, ranging from paintings to messages on stones,but I can't remember where they were exactly. I do remember that the Vampire Lestat flowed right into Queen of the Damned, almost to the point of being the same book and the clues were somewhere between them. Lestat did leave Armond the theatre. Do you ever wonder what happened to Gabriel? I bet she's still out in a remote forest somewhere.

I need to read it again

Marius met Pandora when he was still human.. not exactly sure where.. he asked to marry her twice bt her father denied..she was the first person he turned into a vampire and a longtime companion.. he finds out bout not being able to read ones fledglings mind with her.. think thats so interesting.. that u cant read the one u corrupted...must be in Blood and Gold
Probably ancient Rome. Marius was a senator there before Mael or Avicus tried to make him the new tree god. Why do you find it interesting that a vampire can't read the mind of his fledgeling?

I never really liked Bianca but i wonder what became of her,,
Ann Rice never told us. Blood and Gold was book 8 and the last two books revolved around Lestat and Quinton.

Edited by Anonymous (11/19/09 05:13 PM)

#311005 - 11/19/09 05:11 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: InsideTheWall]
boylikeme Offline

ok.. i think it was this way--Armand tells his story to Lestat and Gabrielle and Lestat becomes obsessed with finding Marius.. the oldest vampire he has ever heard of... so Lestat starts leaving messages to Marius all over the world until he finally meets him somewhere in the mediterranian, where he happens to find out about Those Who Must Be Kept.
the paintings are in queen of the damned.. david shows them to jesse - all those diffrent paintings and photographs of the same person but from different centuries n all.. in the book the painting n pics are of armand.. in the movie it is marius..

Gabrielle was a loner.. she stayed in the wilderness and slept in the earth but whenever Lestat was in trouble she would turn up to fight for her son.

I dunno y I like the not being able to read the fledglings mind thing.. maybe cuz i like that u have to pay a price for corrupting someone like that... or that theres this one part the fledgling gets to keep to himself even tho he had to completely surrender for that one moment

i dunno.. cant explain

#311007 - 11/19/09 05:24 PM Re: the vampire armand [Re: boylikeme]
InsideTheWall Offline

ok.. i think it was this way--Armand tells his story to Lestat and Gabrielle and Lestat becomes obsessed with finding Marius.. the oldest vampire he has ever heard of...
Yeah, thats how it happened, except Armond didn't know if Marius was still alive or not. Marius spied on Armond after he healed from the Santinos fire, but found Armonds new role sad and decided not to talk to him.

so Lestat starts leaving messages to Marius all over the world until he finally meets him somewhere in the mediterranian, where he happens to find out about Those Who Must Be Kept.
Have you ever wondered why Lestat didn't try to contact Akasha in Memnoch? I'll never completely forgive Ann Rice for not doing that...

the paintings are in queen of the damned.. david shows them to jesse - all those diffrent paintings and photographs of the same person but from different centuries n all.. in the book the painting n pics are of armand.. in the movie it is marius..
Yep. Wasn't it Michaelangelo that Marius wanted to 'make?'

Gabrielle was a loner.. she stayed in the wilderness and slept in the earth but whenever Lestat was in trouble she would turn up to fight for her son.
Yeah, she was definitely a sick one though. No need for details here.

I dunno y I like the not being able to read the fledglings mind thing.. maybe cuz i like that u have to pay a price for corrupting someone like that... or that theres this one part the fledgling gets to keep to himself even tho he had to completely surrender for that one moment

i dunno.. cant explain
Here's an interesting observation: Claudia was drained by Louis but drank from Lestat, yet its obvious neither of them could read her. You would think Louis would be able to..

Anyway, I have some other stuff I need to work on. I can continue this later.

Edited by Anonymous (11/19/09 05:25 PM)

#311074 - 11/20/09 01:09 AM Re: the vampire armand [Re: InsideTheWall]
boylikeme Offline

wasnt louis the one who couldnt read anybody? i think he didnt have some powers n lestat kept teasing him bout it

ugh.. im gonna be late for school..hehe

#311241 - 11/21/09 12:28 AM Re: the vampire armand [Re: boylikeme]
InsideTheWall Offline

wasnt louis the one who couldnt read anybody? i think he didnt have some powers n lestat kept teasing him bout it

ugh.. im gonna be late for school..hehe

Yeah, you're right about that. Poor Louis, he was weak because Lestat was young and made so many fledglings.

Lestat: Read her thoughts.
Louis: ???
Lestat: Read her thoughts.
Louis: I.. I can't
Lestat: The dark gift is different for each of us, but one thing is certain. We grow stronger over time.

Edited by Anonymous (11/21/09 12:30 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.