Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#309441 - 11/05/09 04:28 PM "Nother survivor needs help
blestroller Offline

Loc: New York
Hello everyone am glad to have found you.
Can someone help me? I was molested by a step uncle in 1973/4. Am sure he is still at his game as my brother was a later target which I found out later.
I want to press charges or get listed or stop him. How do I go about that? I know what state he lives in. 4 years ago he moved to another state. Probably for a fresh start.

Blestroller.

#309500 - 11/06/09 08:41 AM Re: "Nother survivor needs help [Re: blestroller]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
B-
If you want to press charges, you should check out the statute of limitations laws, both criminal and civil, in the state where the abuse took place. It may be complicated if the state where he lives is different from the state where it took place but it may allow you to do a civil suit in his current state.

You can go online and either contact the district attorney's office for criminal or look for a lawyer who specializes in civil suits.

#309520 - 11/06/09 12:14 PM Re: "Nother survivor needs help [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, blestroller.

Welcome to MS. Ken has given some great information. I am not sure of the laws in NY.

We have a diverse group of men here and a lot of support to offer.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#309524 - 11/06/09 12:26 PM Re: "Nother survivor needs help [Re: DJsport]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Blestroller,

I'm sorry for your pain and hurt you've suffered at the hands of a family member no less. Many of us here know how that is. Good luck with whatever path you choose to take. I hope you don't make your healing dependent on any specific outcome of that or any other confrontation plans. Your healing is all about you.

Welcome again!

sono

#309530 - 11/06/09 02:12 PM Re: "Nother survivor needs help [Re: sono]
just me Offline

Welcome and best wishes!

Most states require reporting to CPS (Child Protective Services) even if if the CSA happened years before (and even when the perp is dead-really)
NYS Hotline information:
http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/prevention/faqs.asp
Child Abuse Hotline Number: 1-800-342-3720

#309916 - 11/10/09 07:21 PM Re: "Nother survivor needs help [Re: blestroller]
kidneythis Offline

I'd report as much as you can recall about it and his M. O. My thinking is, if he is still up to his old tricks he has done this to someone within the statute of limitations.
That may not help you but it may save people he has access to.
Not to make this about me but I think it would do to be prepared. Don't expect a lot of sympathy from the DA, the Police or CPS, in my case they psychologically abused me to try to make me go away so they didn't have to record the facts. It took me a year and a half to get the info on how to report and I had to argue with the police to be allowed to do so. They then had a DA call me and tell me flat out that they weren't going to look into it. I have asked for that statement in written form and cannot get a response from the DA's office.
Just be ready to stand up for yourself and any other kids this guy has hurt. When the baloney starts working on my ego I try to think of all the other victims of the people who abused me who can't speak up for themselves.

Edited by kidneythis (11/10/09 07:31 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.