Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#309396 - 11/05/09 03:48 AM Shadow of the day
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines

I close both locks below the window
I close both blinds and turn away
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey
Pink cards and flowers on your window
Your friends all plead for you to stay
Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

The sun will set for you

Edited by b869 (11/06/09 11:24 PM)

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#309405 - 11/05/09 09:08 AM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: b869]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

LP have the best lyrics

#309408 - 11/05/09 09:17 AM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: boylikeme]
boylikeme Offline

"Born on March 20, 1976, in Phoenix, AZ, Chester Bennington is most recognized as the lead singer of Linkin Park, his higher-pitched, emotional vocals balancing out those of main rapper Mike Shinoda. A victim of sexual abuse, Bennington had a childhood that was far from picture perfect, and when his parents divorced at age 11, he turned to drugs to deal with his pain. By the time he was a teenager, Bennington had gotten heavily into cocaine and methamphetamines, supporting his drug habit with a gig working at Burger King. Despite his drug problems, however, Bennington never forgot his childhood dream of becoming a rock star -- he was a huge fan of Depeche Mode and Stone Temple Pilots -- and in 1993, he joined up as the lead singer of the local band Grey Daze. The band built a sizable following around the Phoenix area, but Bennington ultimately grew unhappy with the group and decided to leave in the late '90s over creative differences. He then moved to Los Angeles and became the final piece of burgeoning rap-metal act Linkin Park in 1999. (Bennington came up with the name, changing their then-moniker from Hybrid Theory.) After multiple label rejections and gaining a notable local fan base, Linkin Park signed to Warner Bros. and released their debut album, Hybrid Theory, in 2000, which went on to attain multi-platinum-selling status. The band's visceral mix of rock, rap, and electronics resulted in a slew of hit singles and turned Linkin Park into one of the most popular mainstream rock groups in the early part of new millennium. Likewise, Bennington's oft-tortured vocals became one of the most distinctive in the alternative rock scene. He had married his first wife Samantha on Halloween 1996, and in April 2002 they welcomed son Draven, their first child together, into the world. (The couple later divorced in 2005.) Outside of Linkin Park, Bennington enjoyed working on a side solo project with producers Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck, both of Orgy, entitled Dead by Sunrise. The project is rumored to feature Bennington handling not just singing on the album, but also guitar, keyboard, and programming. Originally slated for a 2006 release, his Linkin Park commitments pushed the release of Dead by Sunrise's as yet untitled record back to late 2007 or 2008. "

#309409 - 11/05/09 09:23 AM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: boylikeme]
boylikeme Offline

hehe.. love this

#309455 - 11/05/09 05:48 PM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: boylikeme]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I like this song too. It reminds me of the emotional songs of my youth Like from bands like Smashing Pumpkins.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#309495 - 11/06/09 06:07 AM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: Logan]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I love this song reminds me why I need to get out of this place..

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#309528 - 11/06/09 02:01 PM Re: Shadow of the day [Re: b869]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I love this song. It is good to hear it again when I am at a different place in my heart, mind and soul.

Marvin, thanks for posting this.

Corey, thanks for the bio.

Logan, I too love the smashin pumpkins.

Depeche Mode rocks.

Happily taping my toes at my desk,
Donnie

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.