Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (pittsburgh, woodenshoes), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#307719 - 10/23/09 10:55 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Hey Allen, look on the bright side! Anyone sees the header of this thread "Pufferfish bitten by a brown female" they can always say you're racially diverse! laugh

#307736 - 10/23/09 02:04 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

You guys are so funny - ROTFLMAO. "racially diverse" NO offense but this is funny.

ALLEN - I am so glad ur ok.

I scream like a ..... when I see a spider. I am masculine until the sheer or sharp pangs of fear arise.

See the pics here of the spiders made my skin crawl.

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#307744 - 10/23/09 04:21 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: DJsport]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thanks guys,

It's 95% healed by now. It did not develop any necrosis.

Allen

pufferfish sick

#307828 - 10/24/09 02:14 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

i actually have some spiders for pets until they die.

#307832 - 10/24/09 03:16 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
You were LUCKY pufferfish, so glad you are doing well. Interesting the smaller the spider, the lesser the venom. It's the opposite effect regarding our Rattlesnakes. Fully grown Rattlers secrete a certain amount vs a baby rattler who les it all out

About 6 months ago in my garage, I saw my first brown recluse. We have many black widows also.

Mike

#309317 - 11/04/09 05:04 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Mike1968]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Spider bite still a bit stiff with a small amount of pain. I didn't develop any necrosis. However the skin is peeling off like in a bad sunburn.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#309329 - 11/04/09 07:55 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allen,

I guess you have to change your name to spiderman now. lol
Glad your ok.

See ya spidey.

sorry couldn't resist.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#309383 - 11/05/09 12:56 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: michael banks]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike

laugh

These spider bites are worrysome. It got a lot better and now it is getting worse again.

Allen

puffing fish

#340545 - 09/20/10 09:21 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

It happened again sick

One week ago. I didn't see the spider and it probably happened at night while I was asleep. I had to move my trash can out to the road where they could pick it up. I noticed there were spider webs on it.

This bite is below my left eye. (Yes, on my face!!!) The first few days it was like a small pimple that irritated and itched. The pimple had in the top of it a small brown object. Then it started swelling up, into a hard knot like a marble about 3/8 inch diameter. The knot and the pain started increasing. It obviously contained some fluid and puss. I looked at it with a magnifying mirror and I believe I saw little holes like when a spider bites. The problem seems somewhat similar to what I had almost a year ago but on my hand then. However the facial skin is pretty sensitive. The knot has swollen to about a 1/2 inch surrounded by red like a bad sunburn.

The good thing seems to be that the wound has not developed a necrotic crust. That seems to be the real danger from brown recluse bites.

I saw the Dr. today and he agrees that it was at least some kind of a small "beast". He said it looks like there are some little mouth parts within the bite (yuk!). sick The Dr. prescribed some antibiotic pills to take for 2 weeks.

It's interesting that it was almost a year after the previous bite.

Tomorrow I am going to buy insect/spider spray. I didn't move my trash barrel this week. I'll spray it good before I do.

Allen

puffingface sick

P.S. Should this have been placed under "female abuse"? lol

Edited by pufferfish (09/20/10 09:27 PM)
Edit Reason: P.S. added

#340564 - 09/21/10 11:56 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have to answer my own post!

It's better this morning: Pain and swelling down.

Apparently what works is antihistamine and anti-inflammatory. I have used Advil PM over night. Plain Advil during the day with an antihistamine

Allen

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.