Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (Dave PNW, kcinohio, 2 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63787 Topics
445435 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#308928 - 11/01/09 05:48 PM Re: Parents banned from playground with their own kids [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser

Why isn't family protecting the kids? What happened to community?

Not to go off on a deep end here but, ........ what happened to our humanity? What happened to the times when we didn't "need" government to "watch" "bad" parents?

Was there not a time, not too long ago, when Grandparents and community would make "bad" parents accountable for their negligence?

Now we rely on government to "protect the children"?

What happened?

What happened is "community" does not work. "Community" is a complete, absolute, and total failure at protecting children. You, me, and every other adult at this site is living proof of that. Community sucks. It is a failure and it always has been, always, since the very beginning. Community fails kids and will continue to fail kids.

The problem is that parents don't want to be parents anymore. People are allergic to responsibility, so they complain constantly that the government should be doing this or that for them. They have this grand illusion that the government will somehow be good at this task because - I don't know, they have "lots of money" or something, I guess. And when it comes to the very serious problem of pedophilia, parents are absolutely brainless and so are most lawmakers.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#310372 - 11/14/09 11:31 AM Re: Parents banned from playground with their own kids [Re: melliferal]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I feel this Watford Council is proof that the "It takes a village" mentality is an abject failure. I know good parents and I know lousy parents. Neither justifies the creation of such insane bureaucracy.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#310444 - 11/14/09 10:53 PM Re: Parents banned from playground with their own kids [Re: FormerTexan]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
There is a difference between the community working together to keep kids safe and the total blithering fools in government using the "community" idea to strip people of their rights. No one is perfect and no plan is perfect. That's why I suggest the use of a community-based & community-oriented program to keep kids safe.

But remember, the pedos out there will do what they can so they can find kids to prey upon. It's a never-ending battle.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.