Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (bluesky, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441814 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#30870 - 12/30/05 04:12 PM Re: Why Most of us stayed silent
Happy Birthday Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Hauser
that's all classic perp tactics, and it's abuse of power.

Mine did the same, starting with very low level stuff, and when I said "no more" they used violence, and it worked.
From then on it was the 'secret shame' thing, and that worked as well.
Within months I was asking them for sex, because that's what they'd taught me to do.

Nobody should ever underestimate the 'skills' of perps.

Dave

#30871 - 12/31/05 04:56 PM Re: Why Most of us stayed silent
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

My perpetrators didn't exactly use shame or violence. It was fear I suppose, but not for myself. At the time I thought they were cool people, and I didn't want them to get in trouble. Perhaps "misguided sympathy" would better describe it.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#30872 - 12/31/05 05:00 PM Re: Why Most of us stayed silent
promnwtn Offline

Loc: US -TN
My perp stated "I will get you alone, I will find a way and I'll beat you". With that threat I felt a veil of darkness fall upon me. Only years later would I learn of the term depression and I realized that was the darkness that desended upon me that day.

#30873 - 12/31/05 08:26 PM Re: Why Most of us stayed silent
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I only found out this year, that my abuse was never reported, it was a massive shock. Why?
I went to the police station, but must not have told them so much to nail the b*stard.

Why the police did not follow it up is beyond my imagination because I know that I was absolutely terrified at the time, and the cops would have known that.

41years down the line, and now I can put pieces back into the jigsaw, he must have terrified me into not telling.

It explains the massive guilt that possessed me for all those years, and the worry that this perp would kill my family as he said he would.

Anyone who says that to an innocent kid needs to be locked up for a very long time, who knows how many more kids he got, and little me worrying about them also.

ste

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.