Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#280248 - 03/21/09 09:29 AM Dr. Mel Levine FOUND DEAD day after lawsuits
pluckmemory Offline

[b][/b]Prominent pediatrican Dr. Mel Levine, author of "One Mind at a TIme", a Rhodes Scholar and graduate of Harvard Medical School has been permanently barred from ever practicing medicine again because of charges that he molested boys. To date, 51 victims have contacted civil lawyer Carmen Durso to say Levine molested them. Interestingly, the MO of Levine and Dr. William Ayres, arrested in 2007 for molesting boys-(See posting on this site: Child Psychiatrist Arrested for Molesting Patients) is virtually identical . Both doctors worked at Children's Hospital in Boston at around the same time. Some are wondering if the two ever crossed paths.

Here's the story from the New York Times:

Pediatrician Agrees to Stop Practicing After Abuse Charges:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/21/us/21levine.html

Edited by pluckmemory (02/19/11 09:27 AM)

#308535 - 10/29/09 02:24 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

Can you believe this: He already forfeited his medical licence and the school district still has him come and speak!!!! I called the superintendent's office but they didn't want to talk about it!!!!

FROM: http://www.thedailystar.com/local/local_story_295040045.html

Published: October 22, 2009 08:03 am
Area News Roundup

Children's brain functions to be subject of Cooperstown talk

COOPERSTOWN _ Nationally renowned developmental pediatrician and author Dr. Mel Levine will speak at Cooperstown Elementary School from 7 to 8:30 p.m. tonight.

The program, which is free and open to the public, will focus on brain functions that influence children's learning, productivity and social interactions, presenters said. Copies of Levine's three books will be available for purchase at the program.

Levine is director of Bringing Up Minds, a nonprofit organization offering information for parents and caregivers about juvenile brain functions.

Levine was chief of pediatrics at the Children's Hospital in Boston for 14 years and directed the Clinical Center for the Study of Development and Learning at the University of North Carolina, where he is professor of pediatrics.

Levine's appearance is made possible by the Cooperstown School District in conjunction with the Cooperstown PTO.

#308539 - 10/29/09 03:21 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

Hey, Just ME: Great minds think alike.

I didn't find out about Levine's lecture at the Cooperstown Elementary School until four days after it happened. I sent an email complaining to the School Superintendent and to the Principal's office. I received a phone call from Teresa Gorman, the school principal. She said she "Didn't know anything about"Levine's sex abuse scandal. She told me that someone at the Baseball Hall of Fame - which is also located in Cooperstown- arranged the whole thing. I told her that Lisa Belkin had written an article for the New York Times Magazine a few months ago about Levine's sex abuse, and Gorman said she hadn't seen it. She kept reassuring me that "no children had been at the lecture."

#308540 - 10/29/09 03:31 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

SO that is the big quandary for people. Can/should we separate a persons theories and research from his alleged perverted acts??? (Especially if both were on the same subjects!!!)
His new business since he left "All Kinds Of Minds"
http://www.bringingupminds.com/

Edited by just me (10/29/09 03:33 PM)

#308542 - 10/29/09 03:34 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

I say that his research is tainted by the pain and suffering he has inflicted on the boys.. 50 at the last count.

Mel Levine, William Ayres and a pedophile child psychiatrist named Donald Lee Rife ( who had his license yanked in three states for molesting young boys)were all in Boston around the same time. Any bets as to whether they knew each other ?

Edited by pluckmemory (10/29/09 03:35 PM)

#308611 - 10/30/09 06:09 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: just me]
myboyhoodfears Offline

"we help parents understand why a child is underperforming.."

this is a joke right?

Edited by myboyhoodfears (10/30/09 06:10 AM)

#308727 - 10/31/09 03:11 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: myboyhoodfears]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
I thought there was a warrant for his arrest? If so why wasn't he arrested?

#309541 - 11/06/09 05:06 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: LilacLouie]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
"we help parents understand why a child is underperforming.."

The biggest challenge to performance in school must be abuse!
He wears his mask well, but the authorities seem complicit
with him.

This type of jerk, thinks that what he did was O.K., but blames
others for child abuse.
Give him life,

ste

#313194 - 12/06/09 02:24 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: reality2k4]
pluckmemory Offline

Mel Levine just gave a little presentation in Australia a few weeks ago. As most of the demand for his seminars have dried up in the US, he has been forced to give more of them in Europe and Australia. And small US towns like Cooperstown, NY that somehow didn't know that he was forced to surrender his license in March.
http://www.wiseones.com.au/index.php/strengths-and-deficits-in-children/

Edited by pluckmemory (02/25/11 09:50 AM)

#323075 - 02/23/10 08:42 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

"Dr. Mel Levine" now has his own little ole personal website.
http://www.drmellevine.com/. Still calling himself a doctor even though he's had his license revoked and can never practice medicine anywhere in the world ever again.

Although he was kicked off the foundation he created - All Kinds of Minds- after the board of directors realized they were losing too much business because of the sex abuse scandal, Levine started his own foundation called "Bringing up Minds." That website looks almost identical to the All Kinds of Minds website.

And I see that Levine is still going around the country and getting paid to talk.. Although his schedule has been greatly reduced. No one should be paying this pedophile for anything. And how can he get away with still referring to himself as a "doctor?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.