Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Jeremy (29), john22 (31), just starting (58)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447876 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#307922 - 10/25/09 01:58 AM Triggering *God's feelings
Marinan Offline

I've been raped, abused, molested and harassed. I've been beaten and hurt in many ways that cause me deep pain.

But nothing hurts as much as hurting God's feelings. I just wanted to share with you guys, that you need to realize as long as you care about God, he won't only care for you, but he will reward you.

#307926 - 10/25/09 02:24 AM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Marinan]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
but he will reward you.
The rewards don't often match what we expect or desire. This isn't a bad thing though. God knows what we need better than we do. Our trouble is we tend to blame God for not acting in the way we think He should.

Another pitfall is that we tend to form our own opinions on who God is to us based on our own reason and desires. God exists outside of our own illogical reasoning. Better we pursue who God really is rather than who we want Him to be.

Just a few random thoughts. Thanks Marinan.

Mike

#307950 - 10/25/09 10:43 AM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Marinan]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Marinan

realize as long as you care about God, he won't only care for you, but he will reward you.

Hi, Marinan.

I believe somewhere it states HE meaning GOD via Jesus care and loves all even if we are struggling in fact some in the Bible did not believe in HIM but HE still cares about them.

And as Mike stated "God exists outside outside our illogical reasoning". In the midst of my own spirit which is wounded like yours I am small and infinite and want to die from time to time and wonder about all kinds of things in LIFE.

I appreciate your sentiments and words from YOUR self. I am happy you get strength from a belief in care about gods feelings.

Please remember others here will NOT believe the same as you for whatever reason. All here struggle to find meaning and find meaning on their own. I see your message here having a double meaning or telling other their NEED to believe in a reward.

I will not add more as it will only lead to a very long discussion and there are dozens of messages like this here at MS.

This is my opinion and yes I know I am sticking my neck out. I have my own issues with spirituality but I need others including all here to be supportive NOT judgemental and NOT tell me what I need.

I need to figure out how to live my own life after being at the hands of a monster who had the power to take my life.

This ended up longer

Edited by DJsport (10/25/09 10:53 AM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#308124 - 10/26/09 02:07 AM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Marinan]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Marinan
I've been raped, abused, molested and harassed. I've been beaten and hurt in many ways that cause me deep pain.

But nothing hurts as much as hurting God's feelings. I just wanted to share with you guys, that you need to realize as long as you care about God, he won't only care for you, but he will reward you.

Sorry to hear this ((hugs)). We live in a very wicked world which can be horrendously difficult at times.

Just curious but what rewards are you referring to? skip the question if you wish, no problem. I relate to your sentiment of hurting Gods feelings. Felt that way for as long as I can remember, it prevented me from doing many things which were not edifying

#308130 - 10/26/09 04:27 AM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Mike1968]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I know about hurting God's feelings. I ran off spiritually away from Him thinking He didn't really care about me. Did my own thing which was terrible. Later when I came to my senses and asked Him with bitter tears if He would accept me back, I found out He had never left me. He was with me, protecting me, watching over me and waiting patiently for my return with open arms. I was and still am ashamed but grateful.

#308142 - 10/26/09 08:10 AM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Freedom49]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Marinan and others

Can you Define hurting God's feelings please!

Maybe I am.

Donnie

#308208 - 10/26/09 05:33 PM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: DJsport]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: DJsport
Marinan and others

Can you Define hurting God's feelings please!

Maybe I am.

Donnie

For me it comes from the Bible but I think alot of this concern over hurting Gods feelings is universal.

As a people overall (not everyone of course)but moreso survivors in my opinion, yearn to have faith in someone or something which is unchanging. So many have let us down. Someone who loves us unconditionally and will never let us fall out of their hands. Someone or some higher power to keep us safe

So we don't want to grieve that person we have designated in our minds to fulfill that position. Not sure if that makes sense. Not everyone's vision of God, if they have one, is the God of the Bible. I used to despise the Bible and my perception of God. How God let people be killed, let wicked things happen to people, even good people.

I felt God was an inhumane murderer. Until I learned to read the Bible on my own, apart from church, then I understood it the context...well my thinking has done a 360.
Not sure what the others thinking is on this topic.

Take Care,

Mike

Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? And yet not one of them is forgotten before God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

#308332 - 10/27/09 02:28 PM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Mike1968]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Mike1968

survivors in my opinion, yearn to have faith in someone or something which is unchanging.

In my recovery, I have learned I was so consumed with hurting others including God that I totally forgot myself SO, my own faith in myself was GONE and changed buy the minute or even second.

For me, in order to be whole and complete I need to focus on my own self and NOT hurting my feelings.

I have thought I hurt Gods feelings and everyone else's when in reality God had his arms open for me the whole time. I realize this about all of you. You have open arms when I think you are going to hit me.

God loves us all and NEVER has a love that changes. I believe we think we are hurting His feelings.

Peace and love to all,
DJ

#308380 - 10/27/09 10:59 PM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: DJsport]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: DJsport
Originally Posted By: Mike1968

survivors in my opinion, yearn to have faith in someone or something which is unchanging.

In my recovery, I have learned I was so consumed with hurting others including God that I totally forgot myself SO, my own faith in myself was GONE and changed buy the minute or even second.

For me, in order to be whole and complete I need to focus on my own self and NOT hurting my feelings.

I have thought I hurt Gods feelings and everyone else's when in reality God had his arms open for me the whole time. I realize this about all of you. You have open arms when I think you are going to hit me.

God loves us all and NEVER has a love that changes. I believe we think we are hurting His feelings.

Peace and love to all,
DJ

DJ you have an unique perspective and articulate yourself very well. You seem like someone who would be gifted in writing stories, especially children's books. You could keep their interest, the words you use feel almost alive

I agree God loves us All John 3:16

Thanks for the post ((hugs))

Mike

#308381 - 10/27/09 11:01 PM Re: Triggering *God's feelings [Re: Freedom49]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Freedom49
I know about hurting God's feelings. I ran off spiritually away from Him thinking He didn't really care about me. Did my own thing which was terrible. Later when I came to my senses and asked Him with bitter tears if He would accept me back, I found out He had never left me. He was with me, protecting me, watching over me and waiting patiently for my return with open arms. I was and still am ashamed but grateful.

So glad you came back. Sometimes it's a long hard road, I completely relate. I was in tears when I came to him also, and on my knees. Never will forget that day and the miracle he performed for me

Mike

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.