Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#307956 - 10/25/09 11:08 AM what does your spirit know
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, my fellow survivors.

I care about you all even if we have differing views.

I would like to know what YOUR spirit says to YOU.

I have stated where my spirit has gotten nourished in my recovery in other threads.

Looking forward to sharing each others spiritual being and NOT a debate here.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#307963 - 10/25/09 11:48 AM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: DJsport]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
DJ -

My spirit tells me of a hope that my mind has difficulty holding onto. It reminds me of things that should cause me to tread with less fear and more confidnence.

D

#307969 - 10/25/09 12:15 PM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: prisonerID]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
My spirit tells me that I am loved and able to return that love. The word "love" doesn't mean what it did in the past. That wasn't love. My spirit also tells me there is always hope. We here are living proof of that.

#308007 - 10/25/09 03:33 PM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: DJsport]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
my spirit knows that it will inform 'me' properly. my spirit knows that it will write the truth on my heart in whispers, and that those bear more verity than the vain clamoring of external soothsayers screaming "GOLD" at one moment, and "FIRE' the next.

my spirit knows.........

r

#308122 - 10/26/09 02:02 AM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: DJsport]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: DJsport
Hi, my fellow survivors.

I care about you all even if we have differing views.

I would like to know what YOUR spirit says to YOU.

I have stated where my spirit has gotten nourished in my recovery in other threads.

Looking forward to sharing each others spiritual being and NOT a debate here.

Peace,
DJ

If it is ok, what do you mean by "my spirit"? Just curious. Never heard that before. Feel free to skip it if you wish, no problem.

Mike

#308154 - 10/26/09 11:11 AM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: Mike1968]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Mike1968

If it is ok, what do you mean by "my spirit"? Just curious. Never heard that before. Feel free to skip it if you wish, no problem.

Mike

Hi, Mike.

It is VERY Ok to ask questions in my opinion. I dont have an answer for YOU when defining YOUR spirit.

My very reason for writing this posts was to learn of others "spirit".

I would NEVER want to "skip" this step or event in ones life.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#308203 - 10/26/09 04:57 PM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: DJsport]
Mike1968 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: DJsport
Originally Posted By: Mike1968

Mike

Hi, Mike.

It is VERY Ok to ask questions in my opinion. I dont have an answer for YOU when defining YOUR spirit.

My very reason for writing this posts was to learn of others "spirit".

I would NEVER want to "skip" this step or event in ones life.

DJ

Thanks DJ.

Couldn't put a frame of reference on "My spirit" to define it. As a separate entity or a part of ones self. My wife says Spirit is probably used synonymously with Soul here. I am a little slow...

Mike

#309185 - 11/03/09 08:38 PM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: Mike1968]
mrd Offline

brothers,

to me, my Spirit is God living inside of me. The Bible states God is a Spirit. What my Spirit says to me, when all the chaos of my life and people involved had convinced me that it was just the way it is. There was a quite truth deep inside that would not let me go mad with all the madness of my life. It wouldn't let the truth die and me be absorbed into the lie fully. As I'm learning to live in the truth more and more, my fellowship with my Spirit increases and so does the quality of my life. My Spirit told me to share the love it shared with me with everyone cause that Spirit is in everyone. At times the world can cause people to quench their Spirit ( I know that all to well )Sharing the love in me just might reignite love being repressed in someone else. When I have given love and gotten love back it is like heaven on earth, its not sexual either. That's how it is for me.

peace and love
mrd

#309252 - 11/04/09 08:10 AM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: mrd]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
My Spirit is constantly reminding me that I am only a tourist here. My soul is eternal and at this point in time I am having an "Earthly experience". With all the good and not so good things that happen in my day to day existance I have choices to make regarding them. How will I react? Will I respond in Love or Fear?

Will I allow the negative and hurtful things that we humans inflict on each other to perpetuate or do I rise above it and transform it to kindness and compassion? The choice is mine.

Steve

Edited by mapleleafsn (11/04/09 09:42 AM)

#309291 - 11/04/09 01:50 PM Re: what does your spirit know [Re: mapleleafsn]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
DJ and others interested in this,

Just 2 weeks ago I was listening to a local FM radio station. The announcer said that if anybody called in in the next half hour they would entered into a drawing for 2 free tickets to the concert. I had a kind of inner illumination that if I called I would win the tickets. I did call and I did win.

When I was about 18 I was among a group touring the Rocky Mountain National Park. The tour was led by the forest ranger. He asked a question about a local plant which I'm sure I didn't know the answer to. The question was: What is made from the berries of this plant (pointing to juniper). But yet I knew the answer: "gin". I called it out, and it was correct. It was something totally outside of my training and experience and it was correct. It seems like the answer had to come from outside of myself.

So when did I not know what I should have? I didn't know that the guy at the boy scout camp when I was 12 was a major perp. I asked him how to make a lanyard. I ended up with the abuse recounted in pufferfish story part 5 (don't read it).

DID (dissociative identity disorder) people get information "leaked" from one personality to the next. I think it must be common that they would think that the information came from a "spirit". I know that this is not what you are talking about, but I think it is relevant.

As a former DID survivor, I know that quite often the "alternate personality" who is "out" will get information as though whispered from an alternate personality that is not out. I had to use this in college because when I took tests, the personality taking the test often was not the guy who sat in the class taking notes before the test. But there was still a block to information flow. I had no way of knowing it, but just doing that was probably a healing exercise for DID - I was reaching for information between alternate personalities. That kind of thing decreases the amnestic barriers between the personalities.

I could go on and on about this but I think my answer is probably long enough.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.