Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
3 registered (YYZGIRL, Dave PNW, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443261 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#307295 - 10/20/09 12:02 PM I Want To Be A Teen Again!
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I just celebrated my 20th birthday this past friday. Although, I really shouldn't say "celebrated" seeing as how I did absolutely nothing all day except stay home and watch tv. I did have a cake though so that was nice. My mom asked my how it feels to be 20 and I just came out and told her that I wish I could be a teenager again. Not that I hate being an adult (I love the freedom) but I just feel that I've missed out on so much stuff as a teen. I've never been to a sleepover or a house party or really done any of the stuff that most young people do. I have nobody. I don't know how to communicate with people and I soooooooo want to. Everytime I see someone who I'd like to talk to something in my braing yells out "Does not compute! Does not compute!" and I just freeze. I believe I can hold a conversation but I just can't start one because I'm afraid and because have nothing to talk about. God, I want to be a teen again and just have another chance.

Terrick

#307300 - 10/20/09 12:52 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: Clockwise]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

happy belated bday... sorry i missed it

just thought id remind u that being a teen isnt as great as grown ups seem to think..

oh.. n if u think u missed out on stuff.. it is not too late.. go out n do it! i bet ure still allowed to blame youth..hehe

#307303 - 10/20/09 01:12 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: boylikeme]
Charlie24 Offline

I would also like to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday Terrick.

I can honestly say I no longer desire to be a teenager. Those were my hell years cause it was such a horrible time for me. My abuse, kids in that age group are so insecure and just project so much hostility to each other. It seems to just get worse and worse with all the new technology today and the things I hear kids are doing to each other. Horrible IMHO.

No thanks, don't wanna go back.

In regards to never going to a party, besides the one's that were thrown by my parents I was invited to one party in my teen years, one party. It wasn't that great.

As my Dad says, and I think this is great advice, the best way to get invited to a party is throw one yourself. I don't know how feasible that is for you at this point your life, but it will guarantee an invitation with your name on it.

I will echo boylikeme and add that you can't change the past, its over and done with in your life.

You can change the present, the here and now.

I'm learning more and more to just get out and try to live my life, small baby steps.

Charlie.

#307306 - 10/20/09 01:47 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: Charlie24]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

happy late bday too. i second blk and charlie here dont make it sound like u turned 40! still plenty of time to fool around

#307311 - 10/20/09 02:22 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Terrick:

Why don't you try Meetup.com? I don't know about where you live, but here where I live Meetup has over 500 local groups within 15 miles that get together for various social events. Are you still attending college? Are there any social groups that you could try to join there?

Happy Birthday, just 48 years to go until Social Security!!!

Mark

#307313 - 10/20/09 02:33 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: Clockwise]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Clockwise
I just celebrated my 20th birthday this past friday.

Happy belated birthday!! laugh smile laugh smile

I don't know how to communicate with people and I soooooooo want to. Everytime I see someone who I'd like to talk to something in my braing yells out "Does not compute! Does not compute!" and I just freeze. I believe I can hold a conversation but I just can't start one because I'm afraid and because have nothing to talk about. God,

My wife helped me so much in learning how to communicate. Also when I was about 24 I started having a few friends who helped me. Now my T's and MS are helping me with communications. It is so much fun to get over things that had me "chained" in the past.

I want to be a teen again and just have another chance.

I understand what your saying. You want to do it over again and do it right this time. For me, I never, never would want to be a teen again. It was a bad time.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#307314 - 10/20/09 02:43 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: pufferfish]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allen,

I so agree with you. Unles i could start entierly from scratch. Get to pick my own family. yea right!!!!!

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#307331 - 10/20/09 05:01 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: michael banks]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
FIRST, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

I'll go along with Allen & Mike.

No thanks about going back. I don't miss any thing about those early years.

HEY! Daniel_forgotten what's wrong with turning 40????
I'll take those years. ha ha. (humor).

" I will take that lost boys hand, and i will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity".

Heal well my YOUNGER brothers, heal well.
Big Pete... (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#307358 - 10/20/09 08:39 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: petercorbett]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Originally Posted By: petercorbett
FIRST, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

HEY! Daniel_forgotten what's wrong with turning 40????
I'll take those years. ha ha. (humor).

XD nuttin actually 40 is perfect!

#307368 - 10/20/09 09:51 PM Re: I Want To Be A Teen Again! [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: boylikeme
it is not too late.. go out n do it! i bet ure still allowed to blame youth..hehe

That line really stood out for me. I know its waaaay easier said then done, but I think it's the best advice. I'm not much older at 22 and I still use "youth" as a scape goat when I do stupid stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.