Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
11 registered (focusedbody, Bardo, aniceguy, bluesky, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63851 Topics
445836 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#307221 - 10/19/09 11:59 PM Pufferfish bitten by a brown female
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I was apparently bitten on my left thumb by a very small brown recluse spider last Thursday. It was hiding in my mail box. Because the spider was so small it didn't have much venom. Hence I haven't developed the dire symptoms that come from being bitten by an adult female. But even so I had a lot of swelling and pain. It is now subsiding.

Allen

pufferfish sick

#307224 - 10/20/09 12:03 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Lol. I'm sorry for that. funny you posted it in the female abs forum tho.

#307266 - 10/20/09 05:40 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Allen, a couple things.
First off, GET TO A DOCTOR NOW! Dude, a brown recluse spider is very poisonous. DON'T SCREW AROUND! GET CHECKED NOW!
Second off, people mistake a brown recluse for a lot of bites. Dude, people lose LIMBS to brown recluse bite. People have DIED from brown recluse bites. The brown recluse poison isn't exactly a poison as much as it's an anti-protein venom. Venom & poisons are different.

http://www.ascendedhealth.com/brown-recluse/bite-picture.htm
http://www.surviveoutdoors.com/emergency/spiderbites_recluse.asp
http://entomology.unl.edu/charts/recbite.shtml
http://www.brownreclusespider.org/

#307284 - 10/20/09 11:23 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

o_0 i hope he got to a doctor

#307286 - 10/20/09 11:29 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Daniel_forgotten
Lol. I'm sorry for that. funny you posted it in the female abs forum tho.

Thanks for caring! It is much, much better today.

I must have been a little giddy last night when I posted it in the female abs forum. Maybe it was a child alter who is rather silly. Or both true.

Allen

Pufferfish

#307287 - 10/20/09 11:34 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: LilacLouie
GET TO A DOCTOR NOW! Dude, a brown recluse spider is very poisonous.

people mistake a brown recluse for a lot of bites. Dude, people lose LIMBS to brown recluse bite.

Thank you LL for caring. I did see a doctor yesterday and I have some very good medicine if it gets worse. But actually it is getting better. When I awoke this morning it was almost gone (the pain that is, not my thumb).

Because I had so much pain and swelling from such a small spider I could imagine what would happen from a large adult spider. I would sympathize with anyone who had the full blast.

Allen

pufferfish frown

#307317 - 10/20/09 03:04 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Warning - pictures of spiders

This is what the one looked like that bit me. It was small. The whole thing including legs would fit on a dime.

This is a picture of the typical brown recluse. Notice the differenct from above. I have seen these and I can identify them and I'm duly afraid of the.

Allen

pufferfish eek

#307322 - 10/20/09 03:56 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Pufferfish

I am pleased to hear that it was a small spider.The Brown recluse venom is often fatal. I have 13 Tarantulas living in my room with me.

I hope you are ok

#307327 - 10/20/09 04:28 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: duncanUK]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll stick to New England. We have no deadly or even dangerous animals, maybe a straggler here and there, but nothing that I have ever seen. Actually we do need to watch out for the skunks, they`ll make you stink for a week.

#307702 - 10/23/09 05:11 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Riley]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
The Brown Recluse is very dangerous, but it comes second to the hobo spider. AKA the aggressive house spider, it's got a temper. The Brown, poke at it with a pencil and it'll scurry away. The Hobo, it'll backdown as well, but it's not hard to push it far enough that it'll attack the pencil.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.