Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (Tarobuns108, 5 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62530 Topics
438181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#307221 - 10/19/09 11:59 PM Pufferfish bitten by a brown female
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I was apparently bitten on my left thumb by a very small brown recluse spider last Thursday. It was hiding in my mail box. Because the spider was so small it didn't have much venom. Hence I haven't developed the dire symptoms that come from being bitten by an adult female. But even so I had a lot of swelling and pain. It is now subsiding.

Allen

pufferfish sick

#307224 - 10/20/09 12:03 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Lol. I'm sorry for that. funny you posted it in the female abs forum tho.

#307266 - 10/20/09 05:40 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Allen, a couple things.
First off, GET TO A DOCTOR NOW! Dude, a brown recluse spider is very poisonous. DON'T SCREW AROUND! GET CHECKED NOW!
Second off, people mistake a brown recluse for a lot of bites. Dude, people lose LIMBS to brown recluse bite. People have DIED from brown recluse bites. The brown recluse poison isn't exactly a poison as much as it's an anti-protein venom. Venom & poisons are different.

http://www.ascendedhealth.com/brown-recluse/bite-picture.htm
http://www.surviveoutdoors.com/emergency/spiderbites_recluse.asp
http://entomology.unl.edu/charts/recbite.shtml
http://www.brownreclusespider.org/

#307284 - 10/20/09 11:23 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

o_0 i hope he got to a doctor

#307286 - 10/20/09 11:29 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Daniel_forgotten
Lol. I'm sorry for that. funny you posted it in the female abs forum tho.

Thanks for caring! It is much, much better today.

I must have been a little giddy last night when I posted it in the female abs forum. Maybe it was a child alter who is rather silly. Or both true.

Allen

Pufferfish

#307287 - 10/20/09 11:34 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: LilacLouie]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: LilacLouie
GET TO A DOCTOR NOW! Dude, a brown recluse spider is very poisonous.

people mistake a brown recluse for a lot of bites. Dude, people lose LIMBS to brown recluse bite.

Thank you LL for caring. I did see a doctor yesterday and I have some very good medicine if it gets worse. But actually it is getting better. When I awoke this morning it was almost gone (the pain that is, not my thumb).

Because I had so much pain and swelling from such a small spider I could imagine what would happen from a large adult spider. I would sympathize with anyone who had the full blast.

Allen

pufferfish frown

#307317 - 10/20/09 03:04 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Warning - pictures of spiders

This is what the one looked like that bit me. It was small. The whole thing including legs would fit on a dime.

This is a picture of the typical brown recluse. Notice the differenct from above. I have seen these and I can identify them and I'm duly afraid of the.

Allen

pufferfish eek

#307322 - 10/20/09 03:56 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: pufferfish]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Pufferfish

I am pleased to hear that it was a small spider.The Brown recluse venom is often fatal. I have 13 Tarantulas living in my room with me.

I hope you are ok

#307327 - 10/20/09 04:28 PM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: duncanUK]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll stick to New England. We have no deadly or even dangerous animals, maybe a straggler here and there, but nothing that I have ever seen. Actually we do need to watch out for the skunks, they`ll make you stink for a week.

#307702 - 10/23/09 05:11 AM Re: Pufferfish bitten by a brown female [Re: Riley]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
The Brown Recluse is very dangerous, but it comes second to the hobo spider. AKA the aggressive house spider, it's got a temper. The Brown, poke at it with a pencil and it'll scurry away. The Hobo, it'll backdown as well, but it's not hard to push it far enough that it'll attack the pencil.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.