Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (masryt, pattom, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#306980 - 10/18/09 08:12 PM Can u view the page without the MS logo
zb420 Offline

i didnt see this under preferences, is there a way view the boards without the MS logo all huge on top?

we only have 1 comp n its in the living room so im always having to minimize or pull up other sites when ppl walk thru.
none of their biz frown

#306997 - 10/18/09 09:42 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: zb420]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
zb 420:

Good Question!

This time last year I was in the same boat regarding our sons. Every time one of them would stomp by, click! The the weather report web page came up. I say stomp cuz they are big, and never quiet abut anything. Then one day, #1 just "appeared" and I was busted! As a result, I told him why I was on the site. It was scary as shit believe me, but worth it in the end not having a secret in the house. #2 was told about me later last year as well, so everyone now knows.

I hope you can join me some time in not having a secret in the house.

In the meantime, I hope someone, maybe our Webmaster Nathan, can answer your question.

Jim

Edited by Geeders (10/18/09 10:09 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot a word!

#307004 - 10/18/09 10:05 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: Geeders]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I agree, good question-
it's not all the time for me, but there have been plenty of times where i've had to hurry and scroll the page down so the logo's not visible, or minimize the window... i know they have "boss button" programs so people can play Freecell, etc. at work w/o getting caught; i might have a look-see and if i find a link to something useful, i'll reply again to this thread w/ the link.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#307007 - 10/18/09 10:16 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: dgoods]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

I gotta do the same thing.. when im viewing.. and i share computer.. and at home when i was viewing my parents sometime came in uninvited and its this gigantic MALESURVIVOR!!!! .. logo .. just flashing like a neon sign.. I often felt paranoid.. I still feel paranoid viewing it cuz the banner is so huge and im not always alone...

#307008 - 10/18/09 10:18 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: dgoods]
dgoods Offline

I'm back... Well, this may not be the perfect solution, but it is freeware, and it does work (i just installed/tested it myself):
"Boss Key" download site
Hope this helps!

#307010 - 10/18/09 10:28 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: dgoods]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

what is that?

#307026 - 10/18/09 11:34 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: Marcus Mystery]
dgoods Offline

MM-
What the program does is to assign a certain key combination (like "Alt-Q" for example) to closing/hiding any open/active window(s) when you press it. To restore the window(s), just press the same key combination again, and it's back! Click on the link for a more detailed de>

#307065 - 10/19/09 05:24 AM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: dgoods]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm going to second the motion for a "non-logo" option in preferences, or at least from the pages that are not the home page. I mean it's really the discussion baords we're talking about here, right??

Suddenly changing the screen is pretty obvious to anyone with half a clue what you're doing, even though they might not know from what you've clicked away, they can work out it wasn't the aol homepage...and then of course there's when you're on the train or subway or whatever with either a laptop or mobile device, and ya just would prefer to not have to fiddle with hiding the top of the page from the guy next to you, regardless of whether he's your business partner, fellow commuter or whatever. I guess one could say, well to hell with them I don't know them, but ya know...

s

#307126 - 10/19/09 02:43 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: sono]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

uhuh ... im alsways adjusting my page while doing something here to hide the banner, like.. I slide the scroll bar just a little down the very second i load the page.. and it says "overcoming sexual victomizastion of boys and men" ... and its like whoa! .. dont want everyone to read that

#307146 - 10/19/09 05:26 PM Re: Can u view the page without the MS logo [Re: Marcus Mystery]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I agree. Especially when i was first coming to the webiste i had to always scroll down slightly so that the logo wasn't on the page, or keep minimising. Changing screens every time somebody walks in is obvious and just makes people suspicious. Even now i find myself scrolling down automatically to hide the logo when i click onto a new page because it became habit- even though now i don't care who sees what website i am on.

If there is a way of setting the preferences to hide the logo for times when you would prefer it not to be there than that would be great.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.