Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, CheerfulJohn), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#306937 - 10/18/09 03:19 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: Matt0487]
Matt0487 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
And Pete, I love you my Texas gay bro!

Matt- WOR Kempenfelt Alumni 2009
Advanced WOR Alta Alumni 2009

#306953 - 10/18/09 05:20 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: Matt0487]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
Pete,

I served also. And I get a secret joy out of knowing that I have medals and an honorable discharge. Because I am gay.

I love my country. I served it. And I would do it again.

Several countries allow gays to serve with no problem. When will America realize that we are as loyal and willing to serve as anyone else?

I salute you, my fellow soldier!

SH1 Paul Grobaty, USN

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#306967 - 10/18/09 07:00 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: Tinman]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
Pete, sorry to hear about your friend and his comments. I hope he changes his tune.

I would like to say THANK YOU to all that have served this great country. Without your service, we wouldn't have what we have today.

#307093 - 10/19/09 11:26 AM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: nevragan]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Pete.

I am so sorry you heard this message from a trusted person in your life.

I am thrilled at the strength you demonstrate as you listen to the message he gave you. The attitude is changing although slowly.

I left service when I was 17 due to the "don't ask don't tell" policy as the policy and the strong feelings I had for one of the platoon leaders.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#307176 - 10/19/09 08:38 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: DJsport]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
DJ,

That is exactly one of the reasons this is so unfair. Some are forced out and others are not. Because of my prior history, it happened to be the perfect time and place to "ask the question."

Looking back, I just wish, I wasn't carrying so much emotional baggage...for the person I was seeing...didn't have a chance in the loving lasting relationship category.

Honorable with Medals...nuff said.

Sorry, for getting off topic...still s2pid

Rooster (Alice in Chains)

island

#308485 - 10/28/09 11:38 PM . [Re: 1islandboy]
GoFigure12 Offline

Loc: USA

#308498 - 10/29/09 03:21 AM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: GoFigure12]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Go Figure,

I was a lower enlisted service member and I can assure there was a much different tone in some barracks as apposed to others.

You are entitled to your own opinion...but I doubt you've seen a lot of pink bellies or blanket parties in your time. frown

Everything always looks good on paper...

island

#308520 - 10/29/09 11:44 AM . [Re: 1islandboy]
GoFigure12 Offline

#308546 - 10/29/09 04:00 PM Re: Don't Ask & Don't tell. One persons story. [Re: GoFigure12]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: GoFigure12

Don't ask don't tell allowed for a compromise within the ranks; neither side got everything it wanted, but both sides got enough of what they needed to allow them to get back to their real jobs of defending the country.

There was NO compromise amongst individuals. There was a political compromise amongst the leadership probably between the President (Clinton) and the JCofStaff.

My dad who started military service nearly 50 years ago was NEVER happpy and I after reflecting on my life with him that he was never able to be in LOVE with the men he served with. Called it whatever but there was a level of severe fear for ones life and future in the military if any touch happened or talk of touch.

For me, when I entered service nearly 30 years ago I knew when I fell in love (my buddy withdrew) I did NOT have to endure the silence my father did but, there was a cost to my future. I endured many moves and an unstable life living with my father as he had to move around alot due to his level of trust with other service members. I understand now why.

Bigotry falls apart with NO support. Hatred and discrimination grow with continued support. Policy or rules from the leaders mandate support. Therefore change the support - due away with the DADT policy - and bigotry with change.

I was raped after one of these blanket parties and the leaders who had to uphold the DADT policy asked me to leave service. The policy begets or smells like bigotry.

To be honest, I am too old for any military service now so the inpact of this me is almost none but, for the future men and women I offer my perspective.

My heartfelt opinion,

DJ

Edited by DJsport (10/29/09 04:09 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#308553 - 10/29/09 07:57 PM . [Re: DJsport]
GoFigure12 Offline

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.