Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, bluesky, pattom, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443107 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#306927 - 10/18/09 02:01 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Just another Colorado Loonie-tunes type accidentally launching a helium-filled flying saucer into the morning sky. Let's see, the cost of all of the ground law-enforcement and rescue people involved, plus both TV news and National Guard helicopters, for the entire several hours of flight, plus the FAA had to re-route air traffic near Denver International Airport so that the helium-filled space ship didn't get sucked into a large jet engine. DIA has three 12,000 foot runways plus a 16,000 foot runway that all had to be closed to arrivals and departures to the north as the balloon crossed their flight paths. I wonder just how much that the extra fuel cost was to the airlines and air cargo operators that had to detour around the balloon?

And then the 6-year-old claims on national TV that he hid in the garage attic because his dad told him to for the "show". The guy is supposedly desperate to get back on TV after their Wife-Swap TV episode. The producer of Wife-Swap had already filmed another episode with the family but had not aired it and was leaning against airing it. Now I'll bet that the notoriety of the "balloon boy" incident will force the network to air the 2nd episode involving the family, though the rescue and air-traffic delay and extra fuel costs will certainly eat a big hole in their earnings if Mr Heene is found guilty of staging the whole thing.

In one hour the local County Sheriff is holding a news conference to discuss his department's findings and any potential criminal charges involved. Right now it doesn't look too good for the Heene family.

Mark

#306950 - 10/18/09 05:10 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: Trucker51]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO

#307012 - 10/18/09 10:34 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: Trucker51]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Man...... frown

#307027 - 10/18/09 11:46 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: LilacLouie]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Heh. I guessed that it was a stunt while watching the live coverage on Thursday, without even knowing the parents' history of attention-seeking. I certainly hope there weren't any murders or other emergencies that might've been prevented, had not this jackass decided to waste time and resources on a bid for fame...
I really can't stand jerks like that.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#307035 - 10/19/09 01:05 AM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: dgoods]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

How do people come up with this stuff? Was it P. T. Barnum that said, "There's a fool born every minute?" Guess this guy was trying to capitalize on that concept. Turns out he was the fool!

#307036 - 10/19/09 01:07 AM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: dgoods]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
I used to be on Search and Rescue. And one of the biggest fears I had, and anyone I knew closely on the team, was to find a dead child. When we go out on a mission and we realize there is a likelihood the child is dead, we try to mentally prepare for it.

And that doesn't always work. Be it a kid or an adult. Finding a corpse is not pleasant.

But when a mission turns good, you bet we're elated! But there is always the stress of being ready to find a dead person.

And trust me when I tell you how much SAR members hope that people making false reports are taken out and hung. Because the time between call-out and end-of-mission debriefing is plain horrible. Having to turn your feelings and emotions off like a light switch.

I pray they get those poor kids out of there ASAP.

#307074 - 10/19/09 06:56 AM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: LilacLouie]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: LilacLouie
Can you say "fucked"? I bet ol' daddie-o Heene can-
Quote:

BreakingNews@mail.cnn.com
Sheriff: Charges are expected to be filed against Richard Heene, whose son was thought to be in runaway balloon Thursday

Now, GET THOSE BOYS THERAPY!

Man, that's so screwed up. Being that desperate for attention. *I* ain't never THAT desperate for ANY attention. If I want attention, I'll go get myself arrested some other way instead of putting my children (if I had any) at risk.

I thought it was BS when I first heard it and thankfully so if the kid's not dead, however this is child abuse of a kind and the same goes for the stupid names they gave their children.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to be the judge in this case deciding whether jailing this nutjob Dad and fining the mother would help the children.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (10/19/09 07:00 AM)

#307082 - 10/19/09 07:52 AM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: ComicBookGuy]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
He said he expected to recommend charges of conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities and attempting to influence a public servant.

Sounds like the kind of charges that get filed when the police really want to charge somebody but can't figure out exactly how what they did is illegal.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#307143 - 10/19/09 05:04 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: melliferal]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
This really angers me, they played with everybodies feelings, when i read the story i felt distressed about it. This man is stupid, and there is no funny or amusing or wacky side to this. People who are reporting this who smile and express how wacky this stunt is are stupid too.

What kind of man would make up something like this about his own child? about his own child potentially dying in a terrible accident. This man is sick and needs mental help. He should be charged, i hope he is, twisted, twisted man.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#307160 - 10/19/09 07:27 PM Re: Boy in the Air Balloon [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Maybe when the boy grows up, he'll major in Public Relations and site this news story on his resume.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.