Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (YYZGIRL, Banjo596, takingitslow, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443292 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#306489 - 10/14/09 05:53 PM On the boy who was set on fire.............
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
*TRIGGERING*

Teens Who Set Boy On Fire Laughed About Incident

I seriously wonder if this ever would have happened if, instead of "reporting to the police" about his stolen bicycle, the boy told his FATHER who then would have taken matters into his own hands.

Back in the day, if a father was told by his son that some local bullies stole his bike, he HIMSELF would confront the child or his father and deal with it right there. Today, he would be charged with felonious assault if he, say, backhanded the bully and warned him that it would hurt worse next time. I wonder if these boys would have had the courage to harm someone like this if they knew his FATHER would have beaten the hell out of them for harassing his son.

In this case, it would not have happened because the father would have learned the truth, that his son didn't fulfill his side of a bargain, a mutually agreed decision, and straighten his son out about the civilized concepts of agreements between individuals and property. But this was not to be.

Instead, we've morphed our society around "police" or "local community enforcement", and abdicating our roles as parents and protectors of children.

My point is, these perpetrators INTUITIVELY KNEW that the worst that could ever happen to them is to go to jail, because that's ALL police (officially) can do. Not only that, police will do nothing to PREVENT the crime, how could they? They don't know the kid, the perps, the parents, thier daily lives, etc.

I guess all I'm saying is that, if this boy had a present (I don't know if he's from a broken family or not), strong, close, father figure who acted like a MAN instead of "calling the police", this most likely never would have happened.

Whatever..............I just...........God I feel sorry for this kid.

Do any of you see what Iím getting at here? Does this make sense? Comments anyone?

#306494 - 10/14/09 06:37 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: Hauser]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser
*TRIGGERING*

Whatever..............I just...........God I feel sorry for this kid.

Hauser.

Me too. The kid is going to hurt for the rest of his life. Hopefully to a less degree as his life continues.

I totally understand what your saying and I agree.

I also know that video games are replacing human compassionate relationships/friendships.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#306508 - 10/14/09 09:19 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I seriously wonder if this ever would have happened if, instead of "reporting to the police" about his stolen bicycle, the boy told his FATHER who then would have taken matters into his own hands.

Back in the day, if a father was told by his son that some local bullies stole his bike, he HIMSELF would confront the child or his father and deal with it right there. Today, he would be charged with felonious assault if he, say, backhanded the bully and warned him that it would hurt worse next time. I wonder if these boys would have had the courage to harm someone like this if they knew his FATHER would have beaten the hell out of them for harassing his son.

If some stranger walked up to my hypothetical kid and backhanded him, I would beat the living fuck out of him. The stranger, not my kid. I don't care what the guy says he thinks my kid did.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#306514 - 10/14/09 09:41 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

woah!! Slow down Mel.

Perhaps I was too cryptic in my de>

#306515 - 10/14/09 09:59 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: Hauser]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
another perspective- there was something not quite right in the parenting /modeling that parent has provided to that child- childrens discipline is their disciple-ship- they learn what's lived from those in "charge" of their Care- Perceiving being cared for and being fearful are quite opposite ends of the spectrum.

Something had to be quite not right in the parenting connections for his child to act in such a way. As you know , children are not born monsters- Fear is not parenting, fear's the sort of authority that is so much of what made these boards needed......
the connections are strong to me so just needed to share another perspective. Hope and Healing, An

#306517 - 10/14/09 10:27 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: An]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

idk.. maybe another scenario possible... when the fathr of the kid who stole the bike knows his kid got the shit out of him he goes looking for the abusive man and beats the shit out of him too. and maybe it never ends..

i second An there. as stupid as those dudes are they werent born that way. i dont know who to blame tho.

those pricks ARE really stupids btw. im sorry for the guy who got burned

should i add? i saw this kind of stuff more than once in HS maybe not as serious but it could have been if they hadn't rolled on the floor.

#306524 - 10/15/09 12:17 AM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: An]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Quote:
As you know , children are not born monsters

actually...they are....you "learn" to behave like a civilized person..it doesn't come naturally to you....parents who don't train their kids to be respectful will have children who arent...if you don't teach your child that certain behaviors are wrong then they will engage in them without remorse or regret.
we've all seen kids who are out of control, this is the result of "insufficient" parenting, not over-parenting...parents don't make their kids into monsters, they become monsters because parents don't discipline and correct bad behavior and set proper limits, kids are naturally inclined to be selfish...which is the root of all their bad behavior...including crimes such as this.

Edited by myboyhoodfears (10/15/09 12:19 AM)

#306549 - 10/15/09 10:16 AM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

woah!! Slow down Mel.

Perhaps I was too cryptic in my de>

Edited by melliferal (10/15/09 10:18 AM)

#306598 - 10/15/09 04:57 PM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're right Mel, I don't know the whole story.....I was just throwing out some 1st impressions of how this could have been avoided in a world where we don't "call the police" every time a stupid petty problem with your kid's friends comes up.

BTW.....are you suggesting that you would rather have the "police" with the tasers and guns approach your kid instead?

I think I would rather deal with an angry father than a bunch of taser-armed cops at my door, but I guess that comes down a personal preference, huh?

#306672 - 10/16/09 09:35 AM Re: On the boy who was set on fire............. [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I would rather the parents talked to each other. Besides, as I said - if the father didn't know who stole the bike, 1) how was he supposed to know it was a kid that did it, and 2) how indeed is he supposed to find out who it was at all? Police have detectives for that sort of thing. Bicycles can be worth several hundred dollars after all. And if you think it's okay for a stranger to force doors open and scream and "make kids cry" in order to intimidate them into confessing, I don't see what makes a police officer who simply has a gun and a taser on his belt knocking on the door such a travesty - considering the fact that at least THEY will definitely be talking to me before they talk to my kid.

Maybe the police didn't need to be involved in this situation at all, maybe they did. But there's a real tragedy going on here - about some kids who burned another kid alive, and a victim who's going to be spending months in the hospital. I can't believe you're wanting to politicize this. It's almost like you're essentially agreeing with the kids that set him on fire, that he shouldn't have reported a stolen bike to the police.

Edited by melliferal (10/16/09 09:39 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.