Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#305734 - 10/09/09 07:26 AM Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize?
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Let me get this right, this is the same guy that orders predator drone strikes that kill "foreigners", which include children, and he's "recognized" as someone that promotes peace?

Is this 1984 or what? Black is white. Everything down the memory hole. Nothing to see here.

#305737 - 10/09/09 08:32 AM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Hauser]
Moortje Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Wow. I shed sweat and tears to get this man elected (not blood though, thankfully!), and I'm about as far left as a person can be...but this even had my jaw hitting the floor. Total stunner.

I'm happy though. Can't wait to see all the Republican heads explode. Congratulations, Mr. President!

EDIT: I just have to add, in seriousness, that I think Morgan Tsvangirai probably should have won this year. Or a second Prize should have been awarded to Aung San Suu Kyi, given her struggle since first winning back in '91.

Edited by Moortje (10/09/09 09:16 AM)

#305740 - 10/09/09 08:41 AM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Moortje]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i am elated for him myself actually. and yes the fox news pundits will tear this apart.

oh well

#305747 - 10/09/09 09:05 AM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Hauser]
myboyhoodfears Offline

i agree houser...one should actually have to be promoting peace, not just giving lip-service to it, while dropping bombs on people and killing innocent children, and continuing to promote war....just goes to show that there are few differences between liberals and conservatives when it comes to selling out for a personal cause....i think in some cultures they call it prostitution....anyone need a shower yet?

Edited by myboyhoodfears (10/09/09 10:59 PM)

#305760 - 10/09/09 10:42 AM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

No, I have no idea what Obama has done that deserves the Nobel. He hasn't done much of anything, really. The only thing he's done, in fact, that promises to create any waves at all whatsoever is still working through Congress and might not even pass.

I do not know what the award committee is thinking. Maybe they're giving him the award simply for not being G.W. Bush. While not too bad of a start it's nowhere near deserving of any kind of medal, let alone the Nobel.

Yeah, whatsisname Beck is going to go crazy over this. Bill O'rly too. I'm almost tempted to watch just to laugh at their bulging face-veins.

On the other hand, meh. Can you remember who last year's peace prize winner was without looking it up? How about the year before that? I can't. I think I heard that at one point it was awarded to Yassir Arafat, so that tells you how credible it is. One thing I would like to stress: the so-called "Nobel peace prize", while being as famous, is not at all as stringent as the prizes for physics, medicine, mathematics, and the like. People actually have to make demonstrable contributions to human knowledge in order to qualify for those. The peace price is way too subjective in my opinion.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#305774 - 10/09/09 02:23 PM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: melliferal]
Rambler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Planet Earth
I am sure the Nobel committee doesn't hand out these awards to undeserving recipients. I believe that at least one member of this board will receive one someday. smile

#305779 - 10/09/09 02:48 PM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Rambler]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

o_0

he's deffo more of a pacifist than bush but wtf?!! as much like to deserve a nobel?!!

well they must know better than meh

#305783 - 10/09/09 03:26 PM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Well, as long as they are just giving them away for no reason to anyone, I'll throw my name in too. LOL

#305784 - 10/09/09 03:46 PM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My thinking is that Obama got the Peace Prize because folks at Nobel were hoping to influence our President toward a more moderate course than that taken by his predecessor. Certainly under President Obama there have been some force reductions in Iraq, and he has so far resisted the calls for a big build-up in Afghanistan. I can see why Jimmy Carter got it, less so why Franklin Roosevelt did. After all, FDR presided over the killing of millions of Axis troops and many millions of the Axis' civilians, and was the only World leader to yet use the atomic bomb in anger. Teddy Roosevelt was also a recipient and I believe that he presided over the Spanish/American war, where among other accomplishments our Navy destroyed the Spanish Navy at the Battle of Manila Bay with very heavy casualties, to almost none of ours, "liberating" the Philippines from Spain.

Perhaps it was some of his accomplishments in Chicago that got him the prize, but I am leaning toward a course of action that the folks at Nobel hope that our President takes, as the main reason for awarding him the Peace Prize.

Mark

#305786 - 10/09/09 04:09 PM Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? [Re: Trucker51]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
In other news, Obama was named Motor Trendís Car of the Year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.