Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#305419 - 10/06/09 04:06 PM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
PatchworkMama Offline

Loc: Iowa
Thank you so much Daniel_forgotten and Michael881. Your posts do help A LOT. Thank you for telling me from your side. You are very brave to share and have helped me out greatly.

Keep talking, it all helps. A lot. I think what you are saying about one remembering something one way and another remembers a completely different way. It would explain why the alters all seem to have the same history, just split off at various times. And why my H would say he doesn't know anything about an incident but eventually, when presented with the cold-hard undeniable facts, suddenly remembers what happened.

Thank you all very much. I appreciate it more than I can express. You give me peace of mind. 8)

#305484 - 10/07/09 04:39 AM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Michael811 Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
by the way. If your husband is experiencing blackouts (time loss) it is a good idea for you to protect yourself sexually. At least until you know that he is in a safe place. He may not be acting out with others at all I don't know. But you should always protect yourself from harm.

#305680 - 10/08/09 10:17 PM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: takingflight]
supportinghim Offline

I am not sure if this is of any help, my aunt has did and one day going out to eat we were sitting at the table when the personality who likes shiny objects poped out long enough to slip the silverware into her purse, then left as quickly. My6 aunt spent the rest of dinner feeling saddened that they had not set out silver for her and felt very left out, never knowing that one of her selves pocketed the silver and thats why there was not any. My aunt never loses time as such, it is almost as if for her, these other identies inside of her live their respective lives as normal in her head and when they come out they don't know there is a difference. We asked my aunt what had just happened and she told us that she was sorry and just had made a quick run to the bathroom (as far as she knows that is what she was doing while the other her stole the silver)

#305690 - 10/08/09 10:58 PM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: supportinghim]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
thanks for that window that is a great one to create the basic dimension understanding of it- cause it takes out the complexity of the emotional/person partner neglect issues that mire the clear vision of the process.

could or did you all ask her to open her purse to discover silver had been provided for her after all? I just wondered what her response would have been then. i'm thinking like a therapist it maybe was an opportunity for integration.

thank's for the clarity of that understanding. in a sense, maybe she lost time, no? - those minutes she was putting the silver in her purse - that's why she had to come up with a "filler" for that time of the running to the bathroom? (again that bathroom run was technically lie and in the partner issue dimensions usually takes on whole other meanings since the acting out is so less innocuous....

our minds and psyches are sooooo fascinating.

Hope and Healing, An

Edited by An (10/08/09 11:01 PM)

#305699 - 10/08/09 11:56 PM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: An]
supportinghim Offline

as an effort to not trigger one of her worse personality it was not brought up until we reached her house. She got very upset that we would put those in her purse while she went to the bathroom. Once she calmed down she was able to understand that another personality pushed through. Only one of her personalities know everything that happens when the others are in control, and she has one that has no memories other than the times she has come out. The things (such as running to the bathroom)are very much remembered as lived through. Even though she is very aware of having DID she still feels as though the memories she has of the times she was not in control are completely real

#305730 - 10/09/09 04:27 AM Re: Dissociative Disorder [Re: supportinghim]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Thank you again Supportinghim for sharing that- it sheds much light and makes her-reality-"sense"- that she'd be upset you put them in the purse while she went to bathroom. and the info that only one personality is aware of the others explains why you waited.
don't mean to hijack this thread so I won't say more but i find it extremely helpful illumination as to the realities of DID in it's many forms. Stuff that sheds light on understanding survivor realities and challenges. Thankyou, An

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.