Update - thanks to all of you who have responded to this request. We still need some additional memberships, renewals and donations. If you have been thinking about this and just have not had time to act yet, please do so now. Thank you to all of you that have responded. I am truly honored to be part of this wonderful organization.

I know you all are aware that 2009 has been a very hard year to all non-profit organizations. Here at Male Survivor it has not been any different. Our donations have decreased and some of our members have not been able to renew their memberships. We have tightened our financial belts and continued to look for other sources of support.

Part of that focus has been to put together a team that is working on finding funding for the website, the conference and the Weekend of Recovery program. If you have any experience in successful grant writing and are willing to donate your time to us, please contact me at president@malesurvivor.org and I will put you in touch with the development team to work on that project.

Even with the belt tightening, we also need to ask you for your financial help now. Please consider making a donation to Male Survivor. Currently you may do so through the Supporters/Donor tab on the home page or at https://www.malesurvivor.org/register/register. Or there is now a donate button available to make it easier to donate when you first arrive at the site. Gifts of any size are needed. Please do not think that you cannot make difference. If you are able to donate $8.34 per month, that is $100.00 a year. Your donation can be set up to charge your credit card or bank account automatically each month. Every donation counts.
There are other ways you can help as well. If you have a personal contact at a charitable foundation and are willing to make a personal introduction for the development team, that introduction will help. If your employer supports non-profits, ask if they will consider a gift to Male Survivor. Some companies (Wal-mart and Bright House Networks are examples) have a program where they will financially contribute to non-profits that their employees support with their time. If you have gift cards to office supply stores, grocery stores or others, send them to us and we can use them to buy supplies. If you have a company who gives in kind services, we may be able to use that for the conference, Weekend of Recovery or administrative parts of Male Survivor. Many credit card mileage programs will allow you to make donations using the points you have accumulated. As you can see, there are many ways to help.

Please consider making a donation today. Donations can be to the general expenses of Male Survivor or designated to the endowment fund or to the Memorial Fund which supplies scholarships to the Weekend of Recovery program.

Thank you for continuing to support Male Survivor.

Edited by Ken Followell (10/30/09 09:39 AM)

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel