Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443994 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305142 - 10/04/09 09:20 AM Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Daily Mail UK

...failure all round, I'm not surprised the parents of the second victim are angry. If the first parent had wanted to kill the offender you can be sure the judge would have been dispassionate for the sentencing, so why he let the perp off when the father of victim #1 put his faith ahead of his child, I can't get my head around that.

Whatever the sentence the offender needs to be named, especially when he went straight back to where he'd lived and committed the first offence, to attack another boy.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (10/04/09 09:21 AM)

#305144 - 10/04/09 10:14 AM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: ComicBookGuy]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

He is a minor. That was why he was not named. Very little good comes from putting his name and face out in the public, particularly since he will likely be charged as an adult this time, spend a long time in prison and probably be placed on the registry for life.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#305154 - 10/04/09 12:29 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: jacobtk]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am sick to my stomach after reading this.

We can 2nd guess the decisions in this case and point fingers but, the truth is the lives of three boys (and their families) in this case have been altered forever.

Healing needs to take place and that is NOT happening and that for me is the sad/angry part.

This story is the same as mine but mine happened nearly 4 decades ago.

My question is (and the attacker in this case maybe able to answer) what caused a 16 year old to be so violent sexually. I need to accept it, feel this feelings and move on.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#305163 - 10/04/09 01:15 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: jacobtk]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: jacobtk
He is a minor. That was why he was not named. Very little good comes from putting his name and face out in the public

...aside from other families being able to protect their kids by keeping them away from this perp, which the second family could not. I'm assuming you are from the UK as well in which case you know very well that the judge has the power to name a minor offender if the offence is deemed grave enough.

#305165 - 10/04/09 01:24 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: DJsport]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: DJsport
We can 2nd guess the decisions in this case and point fingers but, the truth is the lives of three boys (and their families) in this case have been altered forever.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Peace,
DJ

You're welcome, so I will politely disagree with you on one thing - the British taxpayer, and local council tax payers to that area where the perp lived, are financing the judiciary and police. Therefore they have every right to question and second-guess a judicial and/or policing decision that leads to further tragedy. In this case the police did great, the Crown Prosecution Service where the screwups normally happen, also did their jobs and went above and beyond the call of duty in filing that lenient sentence report.

On this occasion the screwup lies firmly in the lap of that first judge - healing for the offender can and will continue to happen in the young offenders' institution to which he will now be sent.

#305256 - 10/05/09 12:09 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: ComicBookGuy]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: ComicBookGuy
...aside from other families being able to protect their kids by keeping them away from this perp, which the second family could not. I'm assuming you are from the UK as well in which case you know very well that the judge has the power to name a minor offender if the offence is deemed grave enough.

I am from the US. Our laws prohibit the release of a minor's name unless the minor is charged as an adult. This is mostly because the minor's record is expunged at 18 or 21 (depending on the state).

The release of the boy's name would not have necessarily prevented him from re-offending. It was the lack of supervision and correct assessment of his risk for re-offense that allowed him to be released and his own inability or unwillingness to control himself that led to his action.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#305280 - 10/05/09 03:40 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: ComicBookGuy]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Comicbookguy
You're welcome, so I will politely disagree with you on one thing - the British taxpayer, and local council tax payers to that area where the perp lived, are financing the judiciary and police.

What are you disagreeing with? Comic

I stated nothing about who is too blame. I stated the lives of the boy and their families will be forever changed.

I do not like that the sh*t happened at all. I have no imput on the workings of the police or the courts.

DJ

Edited by DJsport (10/05/09 03:41 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#305289 - 10/05/09 05:11 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: ComicBookGuy]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Originally Posted By: ComicBookGuy
...I will politely disagree with you....

I'd have to impolitely disagree with you- the perp needs a .45 right between his eyes.

#305297 - 10/05/09 05:31 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: LilacLouie]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
I'd have to impolitely disagree with you- the perp needs a .45 right between his eyes.

man o man, louie, i sure am glad i am on your good side......i am, aren't i........? eek

laugh

ron

#305316 - 10/05/09 08:20 PM Re: Teen perp freed due to forgiveness rapes again [Re: Sans Logos]
myboyhoodfears Offline

i totally disagree with the idea children who commit heinous crimes should tried as adults...in the article one of the fathers suggests that "if they commit an adult crime then they should serve adult sentences",...the problem with that logic is there are no such thing as "adult crimes"...they are just crimes, done by anyone who has the motivation to commit them...they are not age specific....

children are still children even if they do things we are horrified by....they don't suddenly become adults when they commit these acts...they are not empowered in society and don't have adult rights,...it is universally accepted that a child's judgment is not fully developed until well after 16...there is empirical proof that the frontal lobe of the brain in not fully developed until at the very least around 18 or even later...sentencing a child as an adult is immoral and not even slightly reasonable...

every time i hear of such nonsense on the news I'm disgusted...and nobody ever bothers to ask why a 16 year old kid goes around raping other little boys....i suppose we are all horrified by these kinds of stories...but until we decide to pull our heads out of the sand and actually do something constructive about it,...then this crap will go on...and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves...a serious question we need to ask...if this same 16 year old was having willing sex with a 45 year old male he would be a victim because we acknowledge that he is still a kid...what is it about these crimes that magically turn him into an adult?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.