Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, traveler, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443456 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304388 - 09/27/09 01:09 PM School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
THANK GOD we have public schools!

I'm sure that all he really needed was some government-provided Ritalin.

Give me a break already!!

Why is no one being fired?

What could POSSIBLY be the point of making him take his clothes off? Humiliation?

#304408 - 09/27/09 04:01 PM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is what happens when States are allowed unrestricted freedom to create laws governing their schools. Tennessee actually has STATE LAWS permitting rooms like this - unbelievable.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#304461 - 09/27/09 11:58 PM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: melliferal]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Regardless of the kids behavior, heads need to role!!!! Seriously, this is just downright evil.

#304475 - 09/28/09 07:01 AM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: JustScott]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

This might surprise you (those who've come to know me, anyway) but I now don't hold the school 100% to blame.

One thing that is glaringly obvious is that this boy has no intact family structure. WHERE is the father? WHY is he, as the traditional protector of the family, NOT THERE?

#304481 - 09/28/09 09:17 AM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: Hauser]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Alan,

While yes, the boy's family structure appears to be less than ideal, it was not the mother that isolated the boy by himself, stripped down to his shorts, in an empty room, against regulation. That blame lies entirely with the staff who made it happen.

Were they driven beyond endurance by the boy's activity that quite probably had it's source somewhere besides the school? Absolutely. They reacted and reacted badly, but the kid and the mother are not to blame for their unprofessional behavior. They chose the course they took.

#304485 - 09/28/09 09:31 AM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: Hauser]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Maybe there was a divorce and maybe he died. Who knows? But does that justify the school actually doing this? That is on the same lines of what the Soviets did in their schools. Is that the right thing to do?

#304528 - 09/28/09 02:27 PM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: LilacLouie]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

This kind of thing happens all the time. The only difference here is that the boy's mother went public. This is why I am so hesitant to trust people who work with troubled children. The vast majority of the "solutions" they come up with -- from drugging children to treatment "fix" children to restraining children -- is little more than abuse. They simply do it under the guise of helping kids. I would not be surprised if the organizations that helped get these policies passed will distance themselves from the bad behavior while claiming that the policies are generally good.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#304567 - 09/28/09 08:30 PM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him up [Re: jacobtk]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

There was a CNN report about seclusion rooms last year.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#304891 - 10/01/09 06:32 PM Re: School strips 9yo boy to underwear, locks him [Re: jacobtk]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is uncalled for, do they think the school is a mental health institution/hospital?

There are many issues here that need to be addressed such as not sitting with the child, not checking on him, and for the love of God....WHY THE HELL WERE THEY STRIPPING HIM???? What purpose does that serve. I know I'd be going after the school.

J.R.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.