Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
3 registered (YYZGIRL, pete1973, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304543 - 09/28/09 05:53 PM Discovered a New Film: Killer Kid
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I posted previously a list of films which seemed to have a healing effect on me.

I have found another one. The title Killer Kid probably won't appeal to you. But the content of the movie is excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...6V&v=glance

The review from Amazon says:

"Killer Kid tells the story of Djilali, an orphan from Lebanon, recruited to be a soldier. He is sent to Paris on a secret mission, and, to help him "blend in," he is told to make friends with a poor Arab boy named Karim. Karim knows nothing of war - he loves rap music, skateboarding, cheeseburgers, and 16-year-old Isabelle. Soon, Djilali and Karim become close, vowing to remain friends "for better or for worse." But eventually Djilali must choose between his mission and the life of his friend."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
First off, this is not about CSA (child sexual abuse). Rather it is about the involuntary "buying" of two boys with a lot of cash in order to secure their cooperation in a terrorist scheme. The scheme involves that international terror theme which has growing relevance in the news, sometimes involving child soldiers. However, this movie is told from the boys' point of view. It is apparently based on a true story.

This is one of those films which has a serious about-face. The direction of the plot changes abruptly as Djilali has a transforming insight as to the nature of the plot of which he is a part. He realizes that both he and his friend were "paid for". He realizes that both he and his friend have been lied to in order to secure their cooperation. I don't want to reveal any more now so as not to spoil the story for anyone who chooses to see it.

I have mentioned here previously the horrible abuse I experienced at 12. I was only a few months beyond 11 which is the age of the boys in this film. Therefore my subconscious mind just tagged right into this film. It seemed to fulfill that need I have to see what I was like, and how I thought at that age.

Some of you guys will enjoy the teddy bear scene. The boys were treated rudely. They were asked to dump their stuff on their military-style cots. A bunch of them had teddy bears. One boy was in tears when the leader threw his teddy bear into the trash heap. He was discontinued from the program at that point.

The film is very non-sexual, very non-triggering.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#305631 - 10/08/09 02:34 PM Re: Discovered a New Film: Killer Kid [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I watched this film 6 times in 7 days. It had a powerful healing effect on my subconscious dissociation.

At first after watching it 6 times, I became very, very tired and depressed. I think that depression was because of changes going on in my unconscious dissociation perhaps during sleep. After resting up I would judge that the effects of watching the film were very, very healing.

This is somewhat similar to the response I had to EMDR sessions: An immediate down and confusion for a few hours followed by moderate depression for a few days and then followed by significant relief.

I have done this before with other movies. Not just any movie works this way. There are only just certain ones.

How do you find a healing film for you?

I think that a healing film for me is one which would have brought out strong emotions at an earlier stage in my therapy. Thus a film which is almost too strong to bear at one stage may be a healing film at a later stage. Why? because the earlier strong emotion shows it was working on something inside of you. It may have been too upsetting for you to watch it at that stage. At a later stage it works on the unconscious parts of the brain where the wound has now healed enough (inflammation has subsided) so that it causes the brain to come together. Does this make sense to anybody?

Has anybody else experienced healing through watching films?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#307870 - 10/24/09 03:13 PM Re: Discovered a New Film: Killer Kid [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ScKTXkv4Y&NR=1

I had a counseling session last Thursday. We talked about why I responded to the movie: Killer Kid. There have been other movies I have responded to. It is not a sexual response.

My T said that the movies had 3 elements in common:
1. The kid is "chosen" for something.
2. The kid is forced to do something bad.
3. The kid is redeemed (or rescued) from the situation somehow.

He says that these movies hit me for those reasons.

I also notice that other guys have favorite movies which may speak to something in you having to do with your abuse.

Allen

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.