Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447965 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#304501 - 09/28/09 10:35 AM Roman Polanski
jls Offline

Roman Poloanski was arrested yesterday in Switzerland on an outstanding American warrant following fleeing the US after being convicted of drugging a 13 year old girl and having sex with her in the 1970's. In the beginning the charges were downgraded to statuatory rape. The original charges included administering a noxious substance to a child, forcible confining her, and child rape, all of which Polanski never disputed but by way of his celebrity managed to escape the worst of it. Originally he was sentenced to 42 days in prison, which I think was a disgrace. The girl involved said she declined sex, despite his persistence, until he got her drunk and drugged her beyond her ability to give consent, as if a 13 year old could consent anyways. What's even more disturbing to me now is the support Polanski is getting from other European countries not to have him extridited to the United States for these crimes. I don't understand how the powers that be can continue to protect the abusers in these cases. It's shades of Michael Jackson all over again. JS

#304555 - 09/28/09 07:28 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: jls]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
jls,

It would be a great victory for survivors everywhere if RP was extridited back to American where he committed his crime so that he would be held accountable for what he did. It would send a very clear and concrete message to the world that people will be held accountable for sexually abusing children. The world desperately needs to hear that message. We, as survivors of sexual abuse, would become more visible in our society and hopefully the shame that we internalize because of the silence and invisibility that we've had to live with would be lessened and our voices would be heard that much more.

Perhaps we need an advocacy group just for victims of sexual abuse to stand up for survivors everywhere and to speak the words that need to be spoken.

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#304584 - 09/28/09 10:50 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: Casmir213]
zb420 Offline

Edited by zb420 (11/27/09 06:33 PM)
Edit Reason: sorry

#304589 - 09/28/09 11:08 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: zb420]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
The celebrity justice does not work, the same as it does for the avarage citizen. In the American Justice System you get as much justice as you can afford.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#304611 - 09/29/09 07:45 AM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: OKIE MIKE]
jls Offline

I think Polanski should be extradited to the US and given a sentence reflecting the child rapist that he is. Apparently his victim has forgiven him and wants his conviction quashed but I couldn't disagree with her more. Anyone who would drug a child in order to have sexual intercourse with him or her is dangerous and it is even more dangerous for society when we minimize such behaviour.

#304624 - 09/29/09 01:16 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: jls]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
They need to send him to Poland :-)

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#304627 - 09/29/09 01:51 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: OKIE MIKE]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
This is sick from the celebrity community standards

Hollywood has rallied behind Roman Polanski after his arrest in Switzerland over the weekend, with the actor Whoopi Goldberg suggesting that whatever he was guilty of it wasn't "rape-rape".

As a guest on The View chatshow on US television, she said: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and when they let him out he was like, 'You know what, this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail. I'm not staying.' So that's why he left."

Later in the programme she added: "We're a different kind of society, we see things differently ... would I want my 14-year-old having sex with somebody? Not necessarily, no."

Response from many female and some male bloggers was swift and furious.

On the Jezebel celebrity website , Lindsay wrote: "We learned about Whoopi's strange and fascinating moral universe, which includes the concept of "rape-rape."

On The Frisky Amelia McDonnell-Parry wrote: "Whoopi Goldberg, who I never expected to be a rape apologist, coins a term I've never heard before – 'rape-rape' ."

#304628 - 09/29/09 01:56 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: OKIE MIKE]
jls Offline

haha. Well said.

#304629 - 09/29/09 02:04 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: Casmir213]
jls Offline

Hi there. I read your post and couldn't agree more, although when it comes to advocacy I've learned that focusing on a target audience like a laser beam is the best way to attract and retain attention. What do you think? Who should we be attracting to the issue?

#304634 - 09/29/09 02:42 PM Re: Roman Polanski [Re: jls]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Wow.... how confusing. Now I gotta call my T and figure out if what happened to me was...

Rape.

Rape Rape.

Rape Rape Rape Rape..

Or just a whole lotta rape!

Seriously, I've found that the majority of the time actors/actresses are the last people that should be giving opinions on anything as most of them are dumber than shredded paper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.