Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63113 Topics
441363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304494 - 09/28/09 10:00 AM i
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State

Edited by Freedom49 (05/21/10 05:47 PM)

#304503 - 09/28/09 10:39 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: Freedom49]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
what a great perspective roger. this reminds of danny t's discussion and his experiment.

the fact that any subsequent sexual touch is an echo of the first is very credible. i know for myself i have determined to maintain a very close connection to that first orgasm, whether in relationships with others or myself.

there is so much to consider on the topic of the common thread, and that is, as you identified, the 'invisible person in my bedroom'.

thanks for the important sharing.

all the best,

ron

#304504 - 09/28/09 10:51 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: Sans Logos]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is one I've been thinking about more and more of late. I've become convinced there is an aspect of the hiddenn spectre in my bedroom as well. Thanks for the food for thought, Roger.

#304505 - 09/28/09 11:08 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: WalkingSouth]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Roger.

I have been experiencing the exact same thing.

I have read a book entitled "Ghosts in the bedroom". I am not sure of the author as I am at work.

It was written with survivors in mind.

Your not alone.

Peace my friend,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#304519 - 09/28/09 01:07 PM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: DJsport]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
This makes perfect sense and I think would apply to many. Interesting topic to ponder and identify the times when the mind wanders away or shuts down during sex.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Edited by prisonerID (09/28/09 01:11 PM)

#304697 - 09/30/09 12:35 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: prisonerID]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

The absence of panic during sex that wasn't with my perp became disconcerting at some point I think. I realize there was a part of me looking for that panic feeling, and creating it by panicking about everything...that's a real aphrodisiac for sure! This was probably 9 years after the abuse ended...wow that's not as long as I had thought, I just never counted the years before...I thought the absence of panic was some flaw in me...again. I never realized that this panicked feeling was such a non stop feature of things with my perp until recently. It's really strange to think about now, but I ask myself today, who would want to be panicked during sex? It's a feeling I can conjure up at any second if I let myself...that really sucks! Well, at least I know I don't have to feel that way any more and it's good that way! You're right Roger, it's a whole different thing!!!! Thank god!

I wonder how many guys have had the sex panic thing, not the full blown panic attack, now that's something quite different I think, but maybe not...anyway just all panicked up while the abuse was taking place and always trying to recreate that feeling thereafter in one way or another.

sono

Edited by sono (09/30/09 07:23 AM)
Edit Reason: clarification

#304715 - 09/30/09 09:05 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: sono]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

the 12-15 year old 'i' never panicked during sex with my brother. but all other experiences that were not with him were full of anxiety. this feels like a place i really don't want to go.....but i am going to have to at some point. probably very soon.....

ron

#304720 - 09/30/09 11:03 AM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: Sans Logos]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I am sorry Ron. I know that feeling all to well. (((((Ron))))

Roger

#304734 - 09/30/09 12:37 PM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: Freedom49]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks friend,

ron

#305050 - 10/03/09 01:50 PM Re: Invisible person in my bedroom [Re: Sans Logos]
sugarbaby Offline

I don't want to veer off topic but the OP reminds me:

It is still amazing to me that I never picked up on the amount of anxiety my husband had in the bedroom. I always thought it was just sexual energy/nervousness.
In reality, He was so scared of not pleasing me that he was fearful. This is because when he didn't please his abuser he was then....I don't know how to say it.....he was tortured/punished...essentially- bad things happened.

That seems to be better now that we are both aware of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.