Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304384 - 09/27/09 12:12 PM Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
On Friday Poland passed a law. That requires Chemical Castration of podophiles that have molested children under the age of 15.
This is to be done before a pedophile can be reliesed from prison. They believe that this will reduce the number of repete offinders.
It sounds to me like The Polish Government is on to a good idea. I hope that other governments take up this.
A lot of Human rights groups are protesting this . Where were they when thease perverts were molesting children

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#304387 - 09/27/09 01:06 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: OKIE MIKE]
jls Offline

Hi Mike,

I agree with you in principal. Whether it can pass muster is another story.

#304395 - 09/27/09 02:40 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: jls]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a bad law. It's just an extension of vengeful punishment, which is a human rights violation. It denies the man (presumably this law would never be applied to female pedophiles) the ability to be sexually active. No state has the right to do that. The law is just a lazy way of avoiding addressing the actual problem. The majority of sex offenders, male and female, are never reported and so never caught, so this does next to nothing in terms of actually preventing more abuse. It'd be better for Poland to take the money and treat the offenders and then use some of the money to raise awareness about sexual violence.

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#304396 - 09/27/09 02:48 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: jacobtk]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

While I believe all offenders need to fend for themselves and I will not have anything to do with an offender, I know treatment will be tough for an offender - I think this law is a violation of human rights.

I know they violated the human rights of their victims and for that I almost wanted to say do whatever is necessary but this is too extreme in my opinion.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#304402 - 09/27/09 03:29 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: DJsport]
myboyhoodfears Offline

i love this law...snip snip snip....think twice, before you unzip.

Edited by myboyhoodfears (09/27/09 03:43 PM)

#304405 - 09/27/09 03:49 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: myboyhoodfears]
InsideTheWall Offline

Fuck offenders and their human rights. Final Solution those perverts and be done with it.

Edited by Anonymous (09/27/09 03:50 PM)

#304414 - 09/27/09 04:55 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: InsideTheWall]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I don't really agree with this law, how about if somebody is wrongfully convicted? then castrated, then found to be innoccent. I guess that is a similar arguement to the death penalty.

More importantly. Abuse isn't all about sexual gratification- it is about POWER. Some people may disagree but in my mind it is about power and control, and of course then sexual gratification. But the way we were treated, the way abusers like to humiliate their victims, make them do unspeakable things, to play the game with them, to groom them, this isn't sexual gratification, this is about sadistic power! Sure there is an aspect in it where they obtain sexual gratifiaction, but a man can obtain the same sexual gratification from an age appropriate partner, so it is the differences that drive the abuser. Castration takes away sexual urges, perhaps, but not the urge that abusers have, the urge to dominate a defenceless innoccent little child.

Do you think castration is a good deterrent? probably, but how much more effective would it be as a deterrent than the current situation where on being found out they become hated and rejected by all? abusers these days must know that if they get caught their lives will be ruined, don't they? i mean sure castration would make them think twice, but would it really make them reconsider?

So back to the question of what makes you think that castration will stop an abuser? i think it was Ken Singer, although my memory fades, that quoted a case where an abuser was chemically castrated and then went onto abuse more children. Demonstrating my point.

Castration as a preventative measure? i think not, a vengeful punishment, sure. Should they be treated like humans instead of like animals, even though they treated us like animals? well i for one do not want to do what the abuser did to me and treat a human as an animal. I'm not going to give in to the abusers power and become like they are.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#304417 - 09/27/09 05:18 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: king tut]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
At first, I liked the idea. It will definitely save children, though how many is subject to debate. But, like Lewis, I also wondered what if an innocent man was convicted. As rare as that scenario might be, I'm sure it happens. Plus, mutilating someone in this way brings us moral, decent people to the level of the monsters we're punishing. I wish I could think of a better solution. Regardless, like using the death penalty on murderers, I vaguely object, yet find it hard to defend the rights of worthless pieces of garbage. Say, if it was put to a public vote, I wouldn't vote for it. But I wouldn't cast my ballot against it either.

#304422 - 09/27/09 06:05 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: Bewlayb1]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
there is not real answer and I am Polish

if it helps keep kids from being hurt it is a good thing

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#304429 - 09/27/09 08:18 PM Re: Poland passes law to castrate pedophiles [Re: michael Joseph]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I do not concider castrateing a Pedophile any diffrent than Castrateing a Pig. Because I do not concider any one that would harm a child as Human

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.