Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304350 - 09/26/09 08:15 PM *sigh* the legacy of abuse multiplies and divides
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...

Clergy abuse settlements can lead to new suffering

Associated Press Writer Gillian Flaccus, Associated Press Writer Sat Sep 26, 4:10 pm ET

LOS ANGELES David Guerrero lies curled like a small child in bed, his teeth chattering and his fever spiked at 104 degrees. He has left his room only once since he crawled home from his latest crystal meth binge three days ago, to let his mother drive him to the emergency room for his soaring temperature.

Now, Minerva Guerrero hovers close to her 41-year-old son, making a mental list of the day ahead: she must change his bed linens, nurse him, pick up his new pre>

#304374 - 09/27/09 08:50 AM Re: *sigh* the legacy of abuse multiplies and divides [Re: Sans Logos]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
It's an excellent article but hopefully not one that leads to a new wave of generalisations. Plently of people in Wisconsin who will never get a dime as they're not allowed to sue, will also have some of the problems reported above, for example.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (09/27/09 09:10 AM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.