Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jude, gettingstronger, CanadaGuy), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441277 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304321 - 09/26/09 03:58 PM Mackenze Phillips: 26% increase in RAINN calls
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Mackenzie Phillips' Incest Story Prompts Victims to Come Forward

Whether or not one believes Mackenzie Phillips' tales of incest with her famous father, John Phillips of the legendary folk band the Mamas and the Papas, her story is resonating among incest victims throughout the nation. Since Mackenzie Phillips' public allegations on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she had an incestuous affair with her father, the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) has reported a 26% increase in related calls. Mackenzie Phillips' admission on Oprah's show coincided with the release of her memoir wherein she details her life of addiction and the integral part John Phillips played in her personal journey of degradation and depravity.

More at http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2215293/mackenzie_phillips_incest_story_prompts.html?cat=2

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#304383 - 09/27/09 12:02 PM Re: Mackenze Phillips: 26% increase in RAINN calls [Re: onlyakid]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I saw her on TV yesterday. It was on a program I would normally pass over, but the intro showed Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen (I was a big VH fan at one point) and it lead into being mostly about Mackenzie. This was the first I heard of it all. It is hard for me to believe she would just make something this big up for whatever reason, but regardless. Assuming this is the truth, I think she was pretty brave to talk about it and much of what she had to say resonated with me in regards to healing. I read later online that she brought this out hopefully to give other incest survivors some hope and the encouragement to deal with it. Looks like it may have helped in that regards.

Eric

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.