Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304007 - 09/24/09 03:53 PM Great Open Letter to Mackenzie Phillips
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
From Deborah King of The Huffington Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deborah-king/an-open-letter-to-mackenz_b_298611.html

Fair use excerpt

Dear MacKenzie,

I watched your "coming out" on Oprah as an incest survivor, having had a decade-long sexual relationship with your father, Papa John, and I must say it triggered a lot of my own memories. But you have one piece of your story dead wrong: it was not a consensual relationship.

There was absolutely nothing consensual about a single piece of your life with your father, not from the moment he started to groom you as a young child to be his drug buddy and his lover. Of course you adored your larger-than-life father. When we're young, our parents are our universe. We want their approval, their love -- in whatever form it gets offered to us. You were under his power, whether you were 9 when you were raped (as I was) or 19.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#304010 - 09/24/09 04:03 PM Re: Great Open Letter to Mackenzie Phillips [Re: onlyakid]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
jtt5254

That was a really good statement. It was well prepared and quite succinct. Thank you.

Allen

pufferfish

#304276 - 09/26/09 11:15 AM Re: Great Open Letter to Mackenzie Phillips [Re: onlyakid]
myboyhoodfears Offline

saw her on a talk show last night and she now agrees with you saying that it wasnt consentual,...it was cooperative perhaps but not consentual....and she cited an email which must have been similar to yours for her changing her opinion...and she mentioned she is not an expert on incest, (in a clinical sense i suppose) she also mentioned the grooming process as well...she said she has learned alot about the subject over the past everal weeks through the very many individuals who have supported her online....when i saw her on oprah when she said that her situation with her father was consentual, i was annoyed that she would characterize it like that....but i think thats her perception of it....i gather there are many individuals who feel complicit in there abuse,

#304289 - 09/26/09 12:33 PM Re: Great Open Letter to Mackenzie Phillips [Re: myboyhoodfears]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Just to make this clear this is a letter written by Deborah King from the Huffington Post not me. I do agree with Ms. King but I didn't write it

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#304293 - 09/26/09 12:48 PM Re: Great Open Letter to Mackenzie Phillips [Re: onlyakid]
myboyhoodfears Offline

ah...ok...yeah its a good letter.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.