Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#304189 - 09/25/09 03:02 PM s
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State

Edited by Freedom49 (05/21/10 05:46 PM)

#304191 - 09/25/09 03:09 PM Re: Selfish prig [Re: Freedom49]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i think this is a good de>

#304199 - 09/25/09 04:16 PM Re: Selfish prig [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Yes, I have had my moments with a few people too. I tried to be friendly, and they didn't like friendly. I tried to tell jokes, and they didn't like jokes. I tried to inject humor, and they thought that I was ridiculing THEM. I tried to play DJ (or VJ) and they didn't like that either. And even after I put them on ignore for a while I have continued to try to make overtures, which have not been well-received either.

I guess that this means that we can't please everyone all of the time, though I have tried. I guess that is one of the reasons that M/T threw me back, like an old tire off the bottom of the pond. No hard feelings though. I can concentrate on doing what I came here to do and not worry about why some people don't enjoy my methods.

Mark

#304261 - 09/26/09 07:57 AM Re: Selfish prig [Re: Trucker51]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

For myself, I find when I make one false move like that and f*** up a relationship, even a casual one, then I'm like Jerry Lewis with the thing...everything I try to say or do is just screwed up. My wife and I came across a line some years ago when we were doing some Dr. Phil relationship exercises, (I'm not sure but that could be the most embarrassing thing I've admitted here...lol) but it's a good line that I try to drag out at appropriate times for myself..."do you want to be happy or right?" something I've got to always ask myself when getting all self important about a point I feel needs to be made, since I too tend toward "selfish prig"!

sono

#304705 - 09/30/09 02:12 AM Re: Selfish prig [Re: sono]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
I don't know enough about the interaction to know if your feelings about yourself resulting from it were justified or not, but something I have been realizing about myself is that I tend to make too big a deal of it when someone is cross with me about something.

It might be part of having been abused that I feel sorry when I have no reason to be. So one of my goals for myself is to actually be a bit more of an **hole.

Well, maybe not an **hole, really but someone with a little less regard for peoples opinions of me. That may or may not be relevant to what you're talking about, but I just thought I'd throw that in.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.