Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443354 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#303523 - 09/21/09 10:11 AM Rally in London UK
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
AMOSA (Adult Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse) is hosting a rally/march in London 9/26/2009

Quote:
SATURDAY 26th SEPTEMBER 2009
NEW VENUE! Meet up at Temple Place, Westminster, from midday.
Nearest Tube station: Temple (Circle Line)

The march ends at PARLIAMENT SQUARE, with an "open forum".
NO-ONE DENIES THAT CHILDREN ARE SEXUALLY ABUSED EVERY DAY, BUT MANY CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THOSE CHILDREN GROW UP TO BECOME ADULTS, AND EVENTUALLY FIND THEIR VOICE!
The Annual March and Rally against Child Sexual Abuse takes place on Saturday 26th September 2009, in central London.
Male and Female Survivors, partners, families, friends and supporters are welcome to join us and we will make as much noise as possible, to make ourselves heard.

People busily worked behind the scenes to ensure that this event took place, and if you need further information, or can help in any way, please call STEPUP on 020 8500 4914, and leave a message.

Too nervous to attend? Please try to come along, we're friendly, and if you feel unable to 'show' your face as a Survivor, we always need support in other areas, such as Stewards to 'man' the route we take through the streets of London.

WE'RE BACK, AND LOUD AND PROUD! ~ BUT THIS IS YOUR EVENT TOO!
The 2009 March and Rally will allow us all to meet up with old and new friends, and despite the reasons for being there, will also allow us some time to have fun.

As always, as many people will be given a chance to speak out, listen to other speakers, and perhaps even just sing your heart out!

Although the venue has changed, you will still get the chance to speak out and be heard by those who care, and by being there, it allows you to let go of the the pain you have carried for so long.

If you would like to help, or can help raise much needed funds please contact us, we need every bit of help and support to make this years event even more significant

Please let as many people know, either via your e-mail listing, by letter, or telephone, that the Annual March and Rally is back on, and lets make sure that no-one escapes noticing that we are no silent!

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#304042 - 09/24/09 06:20 PM Re: Rally in London UK [Re: Ken Followell]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I got that email too, twice!!! By the way Ken, Adult Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse is abbreviated AMSOSA, not AMOSA. Their website has some excellent recovery reference material included at the top of their webpage too.

http://www.amsosa.com/

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.