Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Bluedogone, tbkkfile), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#303962 - 09/24/09 09:38 AM Dreams, how many of us have them......
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
and how do they effect our life's?

I continue to struggle with my dreaming, I don't understand the message they are try to tell me. Is there a message within our dreams?

I open for advise and suggestions for understanding them?

Thank you!!!

In harmony,
Troy

#303964 - 09/24/09 11:16 AM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: TNuss]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
TNuss,

Troubled dreams mean that you have a lot of unresolved issues "stored up". Your brain is trying to work the issues out during sleep.

I don't know whether you have a T to talk to, but you probably need to be talking out the issues in your memory with someone whose competent to field those issues. As you talk these issues out then you will start to rest better at night.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#303969 - 09/24/09 11:45 AM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: pufferfish]
seeker43 Offline

Loc: jalisco, mexico
When my dreaming gets bothersome, to me its a sign that something else is going wrong and needs to be addressed. I`ve been through therapy and all that entails, and have been diagnosed with unipolar depression and now bi-polar. When my dreams get too intense, I know its time to act. For me right now, that means adjusting my meds.

I do have a visualization I do at times like these, I create a box in my head with glass sides, put my self in there and it sort of detaches me from whats going on in my head during my sleep. I can still see the dreams, but its like I`m a little removed and they don`t disturb so. Otherwise, they can haunt me half the day and thats a terrible feeling.

Good Luck, Scott

#303982 - 09/24/09 01:28 PM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: seeker43]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Tnuss.

Rest assured the dreams will resolve themselves as you resolve your issues.

I had terrible dreams for a couple of decades. I no longer have terrible dreams like I once did.

I would take your dreams too seriously.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#304085 - 09/24/09 10:21 PM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: DJsport]
TGIK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY,NY 10011
Listen your not alone. Been having bad dreams for over 6 months. Either filled with anxiety, or scary. I just started with a T, and I am hoping they calm down. I think the big thing they mean, is that we are overloaded, and need relief. I try to think of it as a pressure valve just as the other posts suggest.

Try to keep it in perspective, if you can. Take care of yourself.

tgik

#304716 - 09/30/09 09:29 AM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: TGIK]
jls Offline

Is it normal to have re-curring dreams about being chased, or trying to run from a man made or natural disaster? I have many dreams to do with these themes. They are also very vivid, making me wake up in a state of shock, or at least this is the best way I can describe it. JS

#304722 - 09/30/09 11:06 AM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: jls]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I will have those every once in a great while. Use to have them a lot. For me I think it was because I was mentally running from my bad memories. Things I did not want to face. Once I began to address them, the dreams slowed down. Maybe soon they will go away.

Roger

#304749 - 09/30/09 02:48 PM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: Freedom49]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
I deal with dreams, rather nightmares a lot as well. I think the guys here have given you pretty good advice, so I don't want to restate what's been stated. I personally haven't really found any secret meaning behind them, but I do believe that when I go through times when I have the nightmares, it's usually times when I'm under a lot of stress, and also when I'm trying to deal with things from my past.

If they are really disturbing to you, talk to your T about them. There are ways of treating them.
allen

#305326 - 10/05/09 09:57 PM Re: Dreams, how many of us have them...... [Re: jls]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
I have asked my T about the meaning of some of my dreams. Our conclusion came down to one common theme. I am always trying to escape or run away from something, my past. The dreams have slowed down and aren't as wild as they once were now that I am on the right meds and am talking regularly to my T. I don't recall the name of the book, but there is a section at the bookstore all about dreams. You can also Google dreams dictionary, there are plenty of websites that are helpful.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.