Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64167 Topics
447766 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#30369 - 08/21/05 04:01 PM I've been busy, but in a good way
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
My friends and brothers,

Yeah, I've been spending more time away from here lately. Sometimes I think I should, because all it takes is to read a particularly difficult thread and I'm drowning in an issue I thought I'd dealt with a loooooooong time ago. I keep forgetting something I told a friend here - that recovery, and BETTERING yourself, is a battle that has to be faught and won occasionally more than once.

Sometimes, Hell, MOST times though, I realize I need you guys and gals as much today as yesterday.

Nothing really bad has happened. In fact, you might say I've been turning lemons into lemonade. Some of the money from my father's estate has been coming in and I've been using it to do some positive things in my life. Like getting a newer (2004!), more reliable car (YAY! \:D ) buying a laptop to work on my writing more seriously (yeah, like I NEED that for writing, really, but it makes the job easier and, hey, it's a new toy to play with! :p ), and just trying to put more money away.

Sure, it's hard losing a parent, especially your last one, and I'm still dealing with that as well as one or two unresolved "Dad" issues because of it, but things will work out. They do, if given half a chance.

But I never would've had the reasons to say it without the support from people here.

Thanks all. And to those I owe a "hi," an e-mail or a phone call to, it's coming. I've got a lot of people to get back in touch with! \:D

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#30370 - 08/21/05 10:46 PM Re: I've been busy, but in a good way
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
It's good to see a 'positive' Scot around here again.

Dave

#30371 - 08/22/05 10:25 AM Re: I've been busy, but in a good way
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Scot,

it is good to see you here, and in such positive spirits. I'm glad that some good things have been happening for you.

And hey, now that you have invested in a new 'toy' to play with, I'll be expecting an email any time now!! Ha! \:\)

Banana my friend,

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#30372 - 08/22/05 10:10 PM Re: I've been busy, but in a good way
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Scot - I was told on Saturday that I sound much more 'chirpy' - glad to hear that you are too!

Best wishes...Rik

#30373 - 08/22/05 10:41 PM Re: I've been busy, but in a good way
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Scot, good or bad we lose parents, those who brought us into our lives, and we grieve them if we can.

It is so much harder for a survivor to grieve a parents loss, it really is.

He always thinks back to how the boy changed the life of his family, and how much the family did not know of the abused boys' troubles, and maybe seem not to care,

it is just how I think,

ste

#30374 - 08/23/05 04:01 AM Re: I've been busy, but in a good way
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Hi Scot.

Thank you for saying hey and for sharing such good things going on with you.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.