Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Tarobuns108, BraveFalcon, Landscape), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441800 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#30337 - 03/18/05 11:39 AM the swing of moods
Raphael Offline

Hi, guys.

I just wrote something to a friend here and I would like to share it with you all. It is about our process of healing and how healing seems to come in stages. I guess we all experience waves of emotions and states of humour that come and go, that get better and then get bad again, and then better again, and then...

I am coming to believe that what happens (I hope!) is that when things get bad again for us, in terms of the effects of the SA, it doesn't last as long as it used to, and so it is like we are going up a curve of progressive improvements in our process of healing.

You probably remember what I wrote here about a week ago, and how sad I was and how scared I was that I was going down again and that I was going to feel all those negative emotions again. Well, I did feel miserable, and sad, and depressed and anxious and all that, but it did not last that long, perhaps two or three days, and now I am feeling good again. My problems are still here and I am dealing with them, but they are not controling my emotions and ruining my humour anymore. At least not today. ;\)

This is so comforting for me! Does your experience confirm what I just wrote?

I am deeply grateful for having this place to come to and I appreciate your encourgaing and loving words in reply to my recent posts. They nurtured me and help me get through that bad phase.

Raphael

#30338 - 03/18/05 05:17 PM Re: the swing of moods
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
I'm glad you're feeling better. It does go in waves. I'm having a rough week this week, but your words are true. I know the bad times don't last as long, and it does get better. And when I do have a bad time, this is the first place I come in the morning.

You guys are great. Hold onto your good days.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.