Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
7 registered (Scott1962, OxfordArms, Obi, watzupwitu, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#302277 - 09/09/09 12:57 AM First words to a new child
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I was just watching "Family Guy" and there was a baby being born and it gave me an idea for a thread.

Lets say you are in the hospital and your wife just has a baby, or somebody that you know. What's the first sentence you would say?

something like
"I love you"

or go "Family Guy" style and say
"Welcome to the planet Earth" lol

Do parents even think about what their first words to their child should be? or do people only ever think about what their final words on their deathbed should be?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#302321 - 09/09/09 12:27 PM Re: First words to a new child [Re: king tut]
Brett Jay Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I think that the older people get the more carefully they think about these things.

#302597 - 09/12/09 01:13 PM Re: First words to a new child [Re: Brett Jay]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I haven't really thought about it too much, but it would probably be something comforting and reassuring.

J.R.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.