Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
1 registered (pufferfish), 83 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#302569 - 09/12/09 05:42 AM what martial arts do you like?
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Well the truth is I can't move much and I'm sooooooooooo bored! The reason I can't move much is because I over did the muay thai (thai kick boxing) it was fun!.

this is soooo cool! I hope I would be this good ( I love 3:50mins)

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302595 - 09/12/09 01:08 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: b869]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I haven't done much martial arts, other than what we did in the military (I was an MP and Intel Officer), but I always liked Ju-Jitsu and Tae Kwon Do. There was another one, where it is alot of grapples, holds and throws, but I forgot the name. Do you know?

J.R.

#302598 - 09/12/09 01:16 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: J.R.]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
What is it like to know you can physically protect yourself? I am asking because I am not confident that I can fight well, I've never won a fight, or held off an attacker. I was thinking last week, seriously thinking about taking kickboxing or boxing training, or a martial art. My goal is to be more confident that I can protect myself. Part of it is that I have low self esteem that I can do it. I am in good physical condition.

#302601 - 09/12/09 01:37 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: brother2none]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I used to do some kickboxing when i was younger, i wasn't any good really, it was just for fun not for belts, besides i loved doing flying kicks (against the adults), i was good at those kind of things because i was really light so could propel myself without any effort. I took up kickboxing again not long ago, but i recently stopped going because i went away for a few weeks and have got out of practice. I'm not really a fan of fighting as a spectator sport though, but it is interesting to watch to see the skill of different techniques. I was a small kid and with two older brothers who used to wrestle me at home and practice their moves on me (lock me in my parents room and keep me there for ages throwing me on the bed) i never had much problem with fighting in school, especially because i was small and innocent looking so it was easy for me to win a fight against anybody who wanted to start on me because they didn't expect me to win. Also i wouldn't get in trouble because i was a good and quiet kid, and i never started any fights, i threw the first punch a few times but they started it. A good way to win a fight is to take it more seriously than the person you are fighting. Sometimes imagine they are somebody else or imagine they are trying to kill you, if you imagine they are trying to kill you be careful you don't kill them though- but the likelihood is they aren't trying to kill you so you will win.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#302636 - 09/12/09 11:09 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: king tut]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Brother2none,

I know boxing, a bit aikido, arnis and now I'm learning muay thai. I'm pretty good at those but the thing is sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are and how strong you are. I think at least for me the real important question is " Would I have the guts to protect my self against that person?". I rarely lose in a fight but when it comes to my perps I can't I become to scared to move some times. But the thing is the more you practice doing it and time you can be more confident. smile

Lewis,

LOL I had the same experience. I was the well mannered and innocent looking kid. When I get to a fight w/ other kids (they started it) I always won no one really expected that I know how to fight cause the say I was girly. But I have 2 other brothers that loves to get in to a fight they teaches me a few things to protect my self.

JR,

I'm not sure but I think its Aikido.

This is Basic Aikidio : wrist lock twist (I love doing this w/ my brother in law)

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302645 - 09/13/09 01:29 AM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: b869]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

cool wrist lock twist, that could come in handy one day

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#302685 - 09/13/09 03:17 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: b869]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

well.. like i told u im not a fighter.. i run.. so my sport is parkour - the art of flight

#302689 - 09/13/09 03:34 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: boylikeme]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

You do that? i would love to do that, i love jumping and climbing about, that sport has a different name doesn't it, i can't remember what it is, something about free jumping or something

#302690 - 09/13/09 03:41 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: king tut]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell
im not nearly as good as those guys.. hehe.. but im a trained gymnast n a good runner.. just dont climb roofs..

#302691 - 09/13/09 03:46 PM Re: what martial arts do you like? [Re: boylikeme]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Really, wow, that's so cool, i have always thought that it would be cool to be a gymnast, you must be pretty fit! i re-started kickboxing (and have recently stopped) because i wanted to make sure i stay quite agile and gymnasts are certainly agile and balanced.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.