Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, motmcd, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442055 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#30245 - 03/18/05 01:36 AM My First Post
JERRYLSAN Offline

Loc: Indiana
This is my first time to post something. I did'nt think I would be this nervous. My perp was my uncle and it started when I was 7. I'm married with 2 children and I have always been able to control this thing and keep it in the back of my mind. Then I started having dreams about it and for about 6 months it has taken over my life. It seems like my world is collapsing. That's all for now I dont want to bore everyone.

#30246 - 03/18/05 03:57 AM Re: My First Post
self_righting Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
jerryslan,

Thanks for sharing your story. I can understand being nervous. I lurked around the forums for two weeks before I ever built up enough nerve to post. Do you know what I discovered after that first post? This is a safe place and it gets easier to let out the secrets when you know you are in a safe place. Take care and share whatever and whenever you feel like it.

John

#30247 - 03/18/05 04:52 AM Re: My First Post
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jerryslan,

Welcome to Male Survivor. It is scary posting that first time here. But you will soon find out that the guys here are great. We understand you and won't judge you. We won't make you feel ashamed or guilty. We're here to heal, and help each other heal as well.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

#30248 - 03/18/05 06:14 AM Re: My First Post
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to MS Jerrylsan,

The first post is always the hardest - but congradulations! - you were able to do it - I hope that you'll stick around and take advantage of all that MS has to offer - there's a lot of great people to meet here - just take your time - No rush here - Don't let anyone pressure you to say anything that your not ready to - but, know that when you are ready to talk that there will be many here to listen to you - saying as much as you did was very brave for a first post! - You no longer have to live your life in silence of your past - Just so you know, I was also abused by my Uncle - it started when I was around 4 and I stopped it at 9.

Take care,

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#30249 - 03/18/05 10:58 AM Re: My First Post
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Jerry
you have no need to feel that you haven't any right to be here, or that what you say might 'bore' us.
Far from it, if you have been abused then MS is the best place of it's kind and you have, unfortunately, earned your place here - the hard way like so many of us.

There's no league table of how bad someones abuse is compared to others, it's all bad. One incident of unwanted sexual touching can have the same effects on us that years of brutal abuse can. The way we deal with our abuse as an individual is the important thing.

Stick around and use MS, there's a great bunch of guys here, and some terrific ladies as well on the Family & Friends forum, everyone here offers support and help.
And if you need help with the site, then the Moderators are will be only to pleased to help.

Take care.
Dave

#30250 - 03/18/05 04:08 PM Re: My First Post
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Jerry, If you hold it in, you will never be happy, but it sounds as though you are ready to start working through this.

It takes a lot of work, but you can do it.

and you never need worry about being boring.

#30251 - 03/18/05 09:54 PM Re: My First Post
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona
You won't bore us, Jerry. Say what you need to say. We listen to each other here. It's one of the most important things we do. Welcome. We're here and we want to help in any way we can. Bobby

#30252 - 03/18/05 10:14 PM Re: My First Post
Brayton Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis
I was about your age when the memories began emerging, one after the other, a barrage turing my life upside down.

I'm glad you're here. It's a leap to start talking/writing about these things but a necessary thing to begin finding ways to move forward.

I don't come here often anymore but, when I do, I can hardly stop talking (writing).

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.