Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (TOM2, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441726 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#302468 - 09/11/09 12:19 AM gay family values...did we miss out?
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
coming from a family system that was mired in an ocean of shame, i feel so grateful to see this kind of affirmation on the horizon. i needed this...... not some sibling to take advantage of my vulnerability as a rainbow spirited creature. and i needed parents who would love and affirm me, not expose me to a predator who would exploit me for sexual gratuity; not parents who would blame me when i disclosed the predatory actions of their offspring.

yes, wishes are for fairy godmothers, but i wish to god i would have had parents this loving [and believe me, i feel terrible enough, casting such aspersions on my own parents who did the 'best they could', but in reality, no matter how well meaning their intentions, their 'best' would never come close to satisfying the hunger my inner child had/has for true love and nurture]:

thank you gay dads[and moms] for your courage in loving the socially rejected, without condition.

REPORT CARD:

EFFORT: A++

#302479 - 09/11/09 08:00 AM Re: gay family values...did we miss out? [Re: Sans Logos]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
My parents are gay, and it didn't protect me from abuse at all. In fact, they added to it.

My biological mom let my other mom verbally and emotionally abuse me.

I didn't have this saved life because my mom likes women.

There's no such thing as "gay" family values. There's nice gay families and then there's f*cked ones, too -- just like there are in "typical" families. They are no better or worse at being parents just because they're gay; and they don't always know the right answer to support, or give any extra amount of love, just because they're gay -- sorry to say.

#302480 - 09/11/09 08:17 AM Re: gay family values...did we miss out? [Re: AndyJB2005]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
There's no such thing as "gay" family values

you are correct about that. there are no 'gay' family values [i can't even begin to understand what that must mean], but there are 'gay family' values, as this family attests to. the values they claim are not meant to comment on all gay families, just the one in question---the one which is the topic of this thread.

i am sorry you suffered neglect and victimization in the context of your family system. i did as well and it sux. i just hope that your abuse was not sexual also [as was mine]. that being the case adds a dimension of criminality such that seriously effected my life, and that makes me pine its loss, but also restores hope and a sense of justice seeing the compassion portrayed and lived out in this valuable gay family.

all the best,

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.