Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (watzupwitu, Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#302420 - 09/10/09 12:45 PM can't sleep
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I can't sleep.... I'm soooooooo tired and yet I can't sleep.......

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302494 - 09/11/09 12:03 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: b869]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Geez, I deal with this problem almost every night. I can be dog tired and ready to fall over and the moment I lay down in bed I become like the Energizer Bunny. Even though my eyes and body are heavy I still can't sleep.

I don't know about you but I've tried drinking warm milk, counting sheep, counting backwards from 300 by three's and they provide little help. I did use sleeping pills for aboiut a week but I wouldn't reccomend turning to those unless told by a doc.

I honestly do wishI could say something to make it better for you and for me. For what its worth, just know that you're not alone.

Terrick

#302557 - 09/12/09 01:26 AM Re: can't sleep [Re: Clockwise]
b869 Offline

yeah...

I tried drinking warm milk, counting sheep, and backwards counting too. didn't work..

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302566 - 09/12/09 05:08 AM Re: can't sleep [Re: b869]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

welcome to my club =)

hope u re better marv friend... no luck 4 meh tonight... this morning... whatever

#302568 - 09/12/09 05:21 AM Re: can't sleep [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
A nice soft recliner laid out on your back with the TV going softly and just one Tylenol will put almost anyone to sleep!!!

My giant Lane recliner had me for lunch again tonight, in fact.

Mark

#302596 - 09/12/09 01:11 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: Trucker51]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I, like some others, tried many methods. For me, the counting and whatnot, REALLY dosen't work because I am trying harder to concentrate on the numbers, rather than falling asleep. For me, probably the best thing is either a radio playing soft music, the fan going, or the de-humidifier. Usually, I need some kind of background noise.

Don't know if that helps, but I tried!

J.R.

#302707 - 09/13/09 07:11 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: J.R.]
zb420 Offline

marvin
same problem. i sleep for an hour or 2 then up again n i've tried all kinds of stuff some legal, some not so legal. wouldnt be so bad- not much time to dream- if i wasnt so F*in tired.

a guy i know told me to try something called melatonin (not sure if i spelled that rite) but he said its by the vitamins in any store. i havent gotten it yet so idk if it works but worth a try.

#302769 - 09/14/09 12:06 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: zb420]
b869 Offline

URGH! I can't sleep again... well I haven't really tried but I have a feeling to sleep again.

Marvin

Harvey Fierstein

#302771 - 09/14/09 12:20 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: b869]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey b869,

When I'm traveling by myself for work or whatever I like to put a dvd in the computer of some film I know REALLY well...since I'm more than twice your ages, I've had more time to get to know more films that well, but...what I like to do is put it on at a volume so low I can barely hear it, close my eyes and then as I listen along I get occupied either visualizing the film in my head and/or filling in the gaps in the dialogue in my head. Sometimes I'm out before the first scene is over, sometimes I make it to the end and I've set my preferences to just replay and replay. Another thing is to do the yoga thing or trying to consciously relax every muscle in your body going from one end to the other and really taking a ton of time along the way, to relax those muscles...like a minute per toe or something.

good luck,

sono

#302776 - 09/14/09 01:21 PM Re: can't sleep [Re: sono]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Marvin,

From what I know of you in reading your prior posts, you don't have a secure place to sleep at night. Also, there is the problem of your brother, your sister, and your perp. You have probably trained yourself to be vigilant in order to forestall their activities. This is just not going to be conducive to sleep.

You need to get yourself into a situation where you can feel secure. Then you will have to retrain the vigilant aspect of your personality to allowing yourself to relax and safely sleep at night.

You can accomplish this through some of the techniques previously mentioned.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.