Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Xr2, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63588 Topics
444232 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#303542 - 09/21/09 12:58 PM Re: Jailed ex-priest challenges repressed memories [Re: melliferal]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mel,

You raise a very valid point but also one that can be very challenging to those of us who have experienced repressed or "forgotten" memories. It's challenging due to the fact that some in the false memory crowd have a vested interest in keeping a net of doubt thrown across the idea of repressed memories. In doing so, especially by working to support the concept of false memories by challenging or aiding those who are challenging court judgments, they continue to make it difficult for real abuse victims to successfully bring those who perpetrate sexual crimes against them to justice.

Its not a good situation for CSA victims OR for those who fall victim to "therapy" induced false memories.

#303549 - 09/21/09 02:17 PM Re: Jailed ex-priest challenges repressed memories [Re: WalkingSouth]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

While browsing the web on an unrelated topic a whlie ago I came across this article by Jim Hopper which I thought might benefit the discussion here:

Article

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.