Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (Nathan LaChine, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#302311 - 09/09/09 10:46 AM why?
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
why do it has to be me?

why did my most trusted person betray me?

why do I hurt knowing my best friend is gone?

why do I even bother? to have friends they all leave...

why do we build bridges? when in the end that bridges will just be destroyed and be forgotten..

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

why?...

marv

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302320 - 09/09/09 12:25 PM Re: why? [Re: b869]
Brett Jay Offline

Loc: Minnesota
All or nothing thinking will destroy you Marv. It's almost happened to me a million times. Try start looking at things a little differently, from different perspectives.

It shouldn't have had to be anyone that it happpened to. They steal our souls and we are left to pick up the pieces. It's not our fault. They are the villians in our stories. We are the heroes.

It always hurts when a best friend is gone for whatever reason. Eventually, you might ask yourself if this person was your "best" friend. I have had "best" friends betray me. I don't think the one I have now will desert me. I've, in fact, been hearing some really nice things about not being deserted. But anything can change. Everything actually happens in the present moment.

Friends don't all leave. Eventually, you find people who won't leave or who won't leave for a good long while. We build bridges or try to because we are human beings. That's all we can do. Enjoy each bridge as much as you can each day for as long as it lasts.

It's not easy for me to say these things. This is 50 plus years of suffering and survival speaking.

Brett

#302324 - 09/09/09 12:59 PM Re: why? [Re: Brett Jay]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Well I had 2 best friend one is died one is now my perp...

basically at the things I wrote is about them and a friend of mine more like a sister then a friend.

btw thanks smile

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302331 - 09/09/09 02:32 PM Re: why? [Re: b869]
its_a_marathon Offline

The bridges we build that get destroyed will give us knowledge of how to build better more stable bridges in the future.

True friendships even when they come to an end are more about enjoying the friendship at the moment than about how long any friendship will last. Everything is temporary except what in your life has brought you meaning.

#302335 - 09/09/09 03:01 PM Re: why? [Re: its_a_marathon]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Marvin,

I hope you know you're not alone in asking why. I too have asked why many, many times. As I've grown in my recovery I've learned that in many situations there's answer that makes sense. Some of these things happen because of some evil beyond our comprehension and we're left to try and pick up the pieces.

The best possible answer I've found for myself it to try to live my life in a way that takes me beyond that place. If I can help prevent what happened to me from happening to someone else, or if I can give a helping hand to another who has been where I have been I feel I've done my best for myself and others.

Just keep asking the questions and you'll discover answers in places you may not have expected to find them. Just be true to you in the process. Don't sell yourself short because you deserve the very best.

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.