Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (susie, 1islandboy, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441844 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#302301 - 09/09/09 08:26 AM celebrating 9 --
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
some bits of random info about my favorite number, 9, found me in my cyber travels today. no doubt you've run across it as well. 9 has followed me throughout my life. my social security numbers all added together equal nine. i love nine [and i think it's mutual.....scary, eh?]!

9/9/9 like other dates in this series is a once in a century occurrence.

Modern numerologists who operate outside the realm of real science believe that mystical significance or vibrations can be assigned to each numeral one through nine, and different combinations of the digits produce tangible results in life depending on their application.

As the final numeral, the number nine holds special rank. It is associated with forgiveness, compassion and success on the positive side as well as arrogance and self-righteousness on the negative, according to numerologists.

Though usually discredited as bogus, numerologists do have a famous predecessor to look to. Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician and father of the famous theorem, is also credited with popularizing numerology in ancient times.

"Pythagoras most of all seems to have honored and advanced the study concerned with numbers, having taken it away from the use of merchants and likening all things to numbers," wrote Aristoxenus, an ancient Greek historian, in the 4th century B.C.

As part of his obsession with numbers both mathematically and divine, and like many mathematicians before and since, Pythagoras noted that nine in particular had many unique properties.

Any grade-schooler could tell you, for example, that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.

Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.

Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...

fun stuff,

ron

#302307 - 09/09/09 09:51 AM Re: celebrating 9 -- [Re: Sans Logos]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
wanna know whats so special about 09/09/09?

Its my little brother's Birthday!!! laugh

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#302482 - 09/11/09 09:32 AM Re: celebrating 9 -- [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Baby born at 9:09 on 9/9/09 weighs 9 lbs., 9 oz.

LA CROSSE, Wis. - No doubt about it, the nines have it. Chuck Berendes of La Crosse said he will never forget the birthday of his third child, born Wednesday on the ninth day of the ninth month in the year 2009.

Nor will Berendes and his wife, Polly, forget Henry Michael's arrival time at 9:09 a.m. by Cesarean section at Franciscan Skemp Medical Center in La Crosse.

But they got the biggest laugh when the newborn was placed on the delivery room scale following his birth.

Berendes said it was metric scale so the doctor did the math in his head, but to make sure, he had the nurse also do the conversion.

Berendes said they broke into laughter when the nurse told them Henry weighed 9 pounds, 9 ounces.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.